This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

External + Sentora DNS
External + Sentora DNS
Hi,
Is possible use a external DNS for the principal domain at the server, like mydomain.com and set the ns1 and ns2 pointing to this server?
I tried and worked... I used the DigitalOcean DNS for this.
I configured at the A, ns1 and ns2 pointing to the my Sentora server... And the NS, I pointed the domain to my ns1 and ns2 and worked too. This domain is online and ok.

But I tried to use the ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com to a second domain, mysecond.com...
At the NS tab... But using the DNS manager of the Sentora (I need this to my users, because the less I need to configure this for them, better... And them can add your subdomains records after...). But doesn't worked.
I tested at the dnsinspect.com and returned a some errors and I don't know how to fix this...

Code:
FAIL: Found differences between information provided by your authoritative name servers and glue provided by the parent name servers:

[list][*]ns1.mydomain.com. @parent=[198.199.120.125] @ns=[104.131.91.142]
[*]ns2.mydomain.com. @parent=[173.245.59.41] @ns=[104.131.91.142]
[/list]
The glue provided by the parent name servers has to match the data provided by the authoritative name servers.
I know that ns1 and ns2 doesn't be equal, but for this moment, I haven't the possibility to have a redundancy server to provide ns2 correctly and I'll fix this in the future.

And this:
Code:
WARNING: Primary name server [b]ns1.mysecond.com.[/b] listed in SOA Record is not found at the parent name servers. The MNAME field defines the Primary Master name server for the zone, this name server should be found in your NS records.
But at the Sentora DNS manager, I changed the ns1 and ns2 at NS tab to ns1 and ns2 [dot] mydomain.com...
In the tab A have the NS records pointing to my IP, I need to remove this records? Because I'm not using the ns1.mysecond.com and ns2.mysecond.com...

I don't know if I'm clear about my problem... But I can explain more if is necessary.
Thanks,
Thanks given by:
RE: External + Sentora DNS
The glue provided by the parent name servers has to match the data provided by the authoritative name servers.

(02-17-2015, 05:31 AM)rafaht Wrote: The glue provided by the parent name servers has to match the data provided by the authoritative name servers.

Glue DNS are configure within the registery/domain registrar. So you need to set ns1 & ns2 to the IP.

See example with godaddy:
https://www.zerigo.com/docs/managed-dns/...at_godaddy

It's not on sentora side. If you don't know how to setup that use ready made DNS from your registrar or www.cloudfare.com

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hmm, it's with the domain registrar only? Not with the VPS provider? Because I'm using the Digital Ocean DNS manager...
Thanks given by:
Read a bit about it! it's basic knowledge that you must understand before you set your own name server.

My advice use cloudflare it's more reliable.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cloudflare issue with sentora testing 3 10 ,448 11-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Me.B
Hide DNS Software Version on Sentora 1.0.3 wormsunited 2 6 ,487 10-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: wormsunited
Sentora Subdomain Installl sathish2009 2 6 ,840 04-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: sathish2009