This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Solved] User unknown in virtual mailbox table
[Solved] User unknown in virtual mailbox table
I have one mailbox that is giving bazaar errors.

I have created a mailbox and am able to login via roundcube webmail and send/receive email to other domains on my server without problems.

I am also able to verify the same (above) through a email client like thunderbird.

However, no inbound emails are received to that mailbox from an external mail server.

Code:
Unknown response from mail server (status code: 450)
4.1.1 <mailbox@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: host smtp.domain.local[10.10.0.100] said: 450 4.1.1 <mailbox@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

If I create a different mailbox with the same domain (mailbox2@domain.com) the error does not exist and the messages are delivered as expected.

Ive tried deleting the mailbox through sentora and recreating the mailbox but the problem persists with this mailbox alone.

I'm at a loss here... Any thoughts?

[UPDATE]
These forums are strange in that a reply by the original poster when there are no other replies appears as an edit to the original post.
Below you will find the resolution.

I just wanted to report that I resolved this issue.

By default Postfix will cache validations for twelve hours. 

I am using Scrollout F11 as my email/spam gateway and the resolution was found there.
You can remove the cache by:

1. Stop Postfix service
Code:
/etc/init.d/postfix stop

2. Remove the cached validation file
Code:
rm -fr /var/lib/postfix/verify_cache.db

3. Start Postfix service
Code:
/etc/init.d/postfix stop

If you are not using a Scrollout server but are getting this error, it may be resolved similarly by removing the cache file above or by removing similar cached validation files. Follow the steps above but replace step two with the appropriate file for your server.

2. Remove the cached validation file

Code:
rm -fr /var/lib/postfix/smtp_tls_session_cache.db
Thanks given by: TGates
RE: [Solved] User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Thanks for updating with the solution! Those darn cache will get you every time Confused
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,409 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
Error SMTP (450). Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table davidlambda 3 8 ,545 10-18-2018, 12:21 AM
Last Post: davidlambda
Import failed! The uploaded file is not a valid message or mailbox file sniffdog 0 3 ,583 06-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Last Post: sniffdog