This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cron to make backups
Cron to make backups
Hi! I want sentora to make backups every night like you can do with the backup function... But I don't know how to make a cron for that? Any suggestions?

Otherwise I will rsync the hosteddata directory but that does not contain the sql databases... anyway I can rsync the databases like they are outputted from a backup?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Cron to make backups
You need a Bash script that will log into your root SQL DB, copy, tar, zip the entire SQL DB and Sentora directory.

Then create a cron to run weekly, its a bad idea to run cron everynight and backup the entire core of Sentora, this will cause your server to slow down.
So it is better to set Cron to weekly task.
get top priority support for Sentora  "Sentora Premium Support"
Domain Name Promos @ digix1 domains

Thanks given by:
What about checking this:

https://github.com/MBlagui/Sentora-tools...erfiles.sh

You might customize it to change path & add rsyn ?

I built this script to replace defect backup daemon so I can run it as much I want in cron.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Me.B can you tell me how I can run the above script you created instead of the default Sentora backup script?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
you run it in bash!

chmod +x backupuserfiles.sh

then ./backupuserfiles.sh
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Me.B

Sentora Backup and cron
1. What is the backup cron url?
For example lets say I want to backup using the default Sentora backup, I need to add a Sentora cron job, but I cron asks for a url (script) where can I find this url?

backupuserfiles.sh
2. I would love to use your script but am not to familir with bash.
Do I need to download your github Sentora-Tools and move it to my server before running the above commands? And how can I set it up to auto backup?

Thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Number of backups kept frasina92 1 3 ,575 09-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Auto-delete backups? dsmarter 2 7 ,520 10-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: dsmarter
Uninstalled but have cron daemon issues now HELP suprastan 1 4 ,750 10-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: TGates