This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Newbie question Regarding email goes to Spam!
Newbie question Regarding email goes to Spam!
i am just a newbie using the hosting control panel and yesterday i have installed the sentora windows version and Eveyrthing so fine and smooth but only one problem i am facing badly if i send any mail from my domain mail, for expamle nishanth@playercloud.in to gmail it always goes in to spam folder ,,, and i heard some people said i need to add the SPF record but how can i create my spf record or do i need to change both on sentora and godaddy the spf record ? Please help me if u can ,..

R
Thanks given by:
RE: Newbie question Regarding email goes to Spam!
1. Windows sentora edition is not official. It's not built by the team directly.

2. For gmail you might need to add reverse for your server & SPF.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 12:28 PM)nishanth2 Wrote: i am just a newbie using the hosting control panel  and yesterday i  have installed the sentora windows version and  Eveyrthing so fine and smooth but only one problem i am facing badly if i send any mail from my domain mail, for expamle   nishanth@playercloud.in  to gmail  it always goes in to spam folder ,,,  and i heard some people said  i need to add the SPF record but how can i create my spf record  or do i need to change both on  sentora and godaddy the spf record ? Please help me if u can ,..

R

This is what you have to input on the spf record on sentora:

v=spf1 a mx ip4:1.2.3.4 ~all (That's for vps with dedicated IP. Change 1.2.3.4 for your real public IP)

I godaddy all you have to change is nameservers to your sentora installation. Example ns1.yourdomain.com
ns2.yourdomain.com
Thanks given by:
Yes I have changed the SPF record in Sentora but i can't change my godday domain Nameserver to Sentora IP shows invalid > i tried like this ,,

ns1.playercloud.in
ns2.playercloud.in in goddaddy settings...
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2015, 04:32 PM)nishanth2 Wrote: Yes I have changed the SPF record in Sentora  but i can't change my godday domain  Nameserver to Sentora IP  shows invalid >  i tried like this ,,

ns1.playercloud.in
ns2.playercloud.in              in goddaddy settings...

You have to first create two hostnames pointing to your server IP or IPs. I you have one just point them both to the same IP.

ns1.yourdomain.com 1.2.3.4
ns2.yourdomain.com 1.2.3.4

After you have created them you can used them to change nameservers. All this is done at godaddy.

Sometimes it gives you an invalid error because the hostnames sometimes are not created. Or only one of them. Just refresh until you make sure both hostnames are created. It's a godday bug I have encountered several times.
Thanks given by:
FAIL: I've found mail servers without A records:
-- mail.playercloud.in. → ?
To reach your mail servers via IPv4 an A record is needed for each mail server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAIL: Connection to all mail servers failed.
mail.playercloud.in.: dial tcp: lookup mail.playercloud.in.: no such host
To receive emails, mail servers should allow TCP connections on port 25.

Did you add A record for mail ?
Thanks given by:
Yup problem its on mx records and mail records you can check the dns report for your domain name and over your registar correct them as soon as possible and your problems will be over soon, use this link:
http://www.dnsinspect.com/playercloud.in/1427824305

Wink
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,897 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,460 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 38 ,090 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519