This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Manager Error?
DNS Manager Error?
Hi,
I'm using the Sentora DNS Manager and at the end of page, I see this:
DNS Status for domain: mydomain.tld

Errors detected have prevented your DNS zone from being loaded. Please correct the error(s) listed below. Until these errors are fixed, your DNS will not work.

Please note that changes to your zone records can take up to 24 hours before they become 'live'.

Output of DNS zone checker:

How I do to see these errors and correct them?
Thanks,
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS Manager Error?
Go to Admin on the top and then click on DNS Config, in the last tab there are warning, errors and logs....should have more details on your errors there!
Thanks given by:
Hi,
Where are the log file?
Because on this page, says:
"Log file is not Readable "
And when I press the button "Set permissions", nothing happens. The page refresh, but this message continue.
Thanks,

//Edit:
The log:
Code:
root@myserver:# tail -f /var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log
10-Feb-2015 19:04:34.942 general: notice: exiting
10-Feb-2015 19:04:43.280 general: notice: all zones loaded
10-Feb-2015 19:04:43.288 general: notice: running
10-Feb-2015 19:05:01.505 security: warning: using built-in DLV key for view _default
10-Feb-2015 19:05:01.511 general: notice: all zones loaded
10-Feb-2015 19:05:01.511 general: notice: running
10-Feb-2015 20:40:19.577 general: notice: stopping command channel on 127.0.0.1Sentora 1.0.0 officially released!
10-Feb-2015 20:40:19.587 general: notice: exiting
10-Feb-2015 20:40:22.973 general: notice: all zones loaded
10-Feb-2015 20:40:22.975 general: notice: running
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 11:53 AM)rafaht Wrote: Hi,
Where are the log file?
Because on this page, says:
"Log file is not Readable "
And when I press the button "Set permissions", nothing happens. The page refresh, but this message continue.
Thanks,

Try chmod 777 and don't forget to set correct path to logfile.
Thanks given by:
ryucz, if I know, chmod 0777 is unsecure. But I don't know what file is to do this... I searched at the sentora folders and found a file with bind logs.
But the button "set permissions" should work, no?
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2015, 11:01 PM)rafaht Wrote: @[ryucz], if I know, chmod 0777 is unsecure. But I don't know what file is to do this... I searched at the sentora folders and found a file with bind logs.
But the button "set permissions" should work, no?

Accualy seems to not. I did it with chmod and it works like a dream. If you wanna be more secure (I don't see why on log file) just set permission to read for everybody.

file is /var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log
Thanks given by:
ryucz, the 0777 chmod isn't correctly! I think that chmod only be used for a some moments to install scripts, etc... And after, be changed for security reasons.
I do a ls to see the permissions of the bind logs directory at Sentora:
Code:
root@rafatresbach:/home/rafaht# ls -l /var/sentora/logs/bind/
total 8
-rw-rw---- 1 bind root 4201 Fev 17 00:56 bind.log
-rw-rw---- 1 bind root    0 Fev 10 18:55 debug.log
If the groups owner this directory have permissions to read and write, why the Sentora can't read? Because Sentora can write at the anothers folders...
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 11:45 AM)Avengers Wrote: Go to Admin on the top and then click on DNS Config, in the last tab there are warning, errors and logs....should have more details on your errors there!

Thank you for this post.
But to help other its like this:
Admin -> Module Admin
DNS Config (on the top of loaded page in center)

And the "set permissions" works ok for CentOS7 with sentora-1.0.1-installer, sadly on clean install this had to be clicked because it throws error in /var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log

The Button set it to 0777 with named/root as owner.
Thanks given by:
For Ubuntu 14.04, this button doesn't works. It's a bug? :S
Thanks given by:
(02-24-2015, 12:29 AM)rafaht Wrote: For Ubuntu 14.04, this button doesn't works. It's a bug? :S

Maybe try this (helped here).

Copy the bind9 script from a previous ubuntu install to the fresh sentora server:

scp /etc/init.d/bind9 newserverip:/etc/init.d/

/etc/init.d/bind9 start

/etc/init.d/bind9 status

… works now!  Cool

PM me if you need the bind9 upstart script.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Error access to Subdomains christnicolas 4 6 ,068 11-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: spoonman
DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy] Good One 21 72 ,442 06-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: TGates
editing dns error dancristian 5 13 ,681 11-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Last Post: dancristian