This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Request: Ubuntu 14.04 support
RE: Request: Ubuntu 14.04 support
Hi,
After reinstall the OS, Sentora seems to work fine, however there are few errors I saw while the installation in progress.

postmap: fatal: open /etc/postfix/transport: No such file or directory

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

checking for re2c... no
configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.13.4 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.

START ZPanel Updates hook
Checking for latest version of ZPanel...
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /etc/zpanel/panel/modules/updates/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php on line 19
END ZPanel Updates hook
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2014, 12:36 AM)namhoang Wrote: postmap: fatal: open /etc/postfix/transport: No such file or directory
Transitory without importance, this directory is not used at end

(09-13-2014, 12:36 AM)namhoang Wrote: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Idem. It is transitory because apt-get runs the server while some package remains to install and file is not finished to configure. It is solved later.

(09-13-2014, 12:36 AM)namhoang Wrote: checking for re2c... no
configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.13.4 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.
Only a warning in case you would want to recompile suhosin with different parser.

(09-13-2014, 12:36 AM)namhoang Wrote: START ZPanel Updates hook
Checking for latest version of ZPanel...
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /etc/zpanel/panel/modules/updates/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php on line 19
END ZPanel Updates hook
Have no impact because checking "last version" was started since very long time in zpanel and was never really activated nor used. It is in the "todo" that I pushed while doing the installer.
Thanks given by:
Today i was testing Sentora on a Ubuntu 14.04 x64 minimal and i am facing the following problem.

Quote:The subdomain xxx.yyyyy.zz have no IP assigned in DNS

You must add a A record in the DNS manager for this subdomain and then wait until propagation is done.

Before, there wasn't such verification when installing.
Any fix to this?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
If people are going to be managing their panel domain's DNS inside Sentora then this will stop them installing. I will be changing this to a warning with a confirmation dialog shortly...

Just look for that error and comment out the check in the .sh installer for now.
Thanks given by:
(09-17-2014, 10:16 PM)kandrews Wrote: If people are going to be managing their panel domain's DNS inside Sentora then this will stop them installing. I will be changing this to a warning with a confirmation dialog shortly...

Just look for that error and comment out the check in the .sh installer for now.
Thanks, i didn't thought of that.
I thought that if i do that there would be another set of problems in the future.
Cheers.
Thanks given by:
(09-17-2014, 09:39 PM)dackko Wrote: Today i was testing Sentora on a Ubuntu 14.04 x64 minimal and i am facing the following problem.

Quote:The subdomain xxx.yyyyy.zz have no IP assigned in DNS

You must add a A record in the DNS manager for this subdomain and then wait until propagation is done.

Before, there wasn't such verification when installing.
Any fix to this?

Thanks.

Did you read here : Install for Ubuntu  and  Installer questions ?

The subdomain must have been setup BEFORE running the installer. This is a deliberate attempt to reduce DNS badly setup problems. If you are advanced admin, read at second link.

@kandrews : Again, the check of DNS working is a deliberate choice, exactely as the forbid to install if some services are already setup. It would have been setup more soon rather than removed now !
Thanks given by:
(09-17-2014, 10:16 PM)kandrews Wrote: If people are going to be managing their panel domain's DNS inside Sentora then this will stop them installing. I will be changing this to a warning with a confirmation dialog shortly...

Any decent admin would NOT use sentora/zpanel DNS to manage the panel domain itself.
in case of fail, the server self locks all its administration.

More, a DNS server MUST NOT reside inside the domain that it admnister. In fact, it is doable if glue record are setup but most of beginers (and even sometime more advanced admins) have no idea about what is a glue record and even some domain provider does not enable access to them.

Even if it is doable, exactely like installing a dns server without redundancy, THIS PRACTICE MUST NOT BE ENCOURAGED
Thanks given by:
If you are a new hosting provider and only own 1 server then your DNS will only be in one place to start with. At the end of the day it is up to server admins not us how they wish to configure their DNS.

I would use a notice to warn the user about the implications of this setup NOT stop the installer. This halting of the installer is basically the equivalent to putting in a fatal error and is extremely bad from a UX perspective.

We have already had 5+ complains of people unable to install because of this. If you want to support 100's of complains going forward then leave it as it is.
Thanks given by:
(09-18-2014, 12:04 AM)kandrews Wrote: If you are a new hosting provider and only own 1 server then your DNS will only be in one place to start with. At the end of the day it is up to server admins not us how they wish to configure their DNS.

I would use a notice to warn the user about the implications of this setup NOT stop the installer. This halting of the installer is basically the equivalent to putting in a fatal error and is extremely bad from a UX perspective.

We have already had 5+ complains of people unable to install because of this. If you want to support 100's of complains going forward then leave it as it is.

if I was a hosting provider, I would not want to own only 1 server and drop everything on it. Or I would not be nor professional, nor recommendable.
It sounds me like if my dentist want to install his job around a kitchen chair. I would no more agree.

A professional hosting would have at least 2 servers for DNS hosting and 1 (or more) server(s) for client domains hosting.
Until now, ZPanel (and Sentora) does not provide "professional" service for this and I even wonder if it would not be betterthat the installer does not install bind at all, and provide another installer to setup DNS mangement.

It is from our responsability to bring it on a highter step.
I will open a thread in staff forum to discuss about it and take choices (and I will folow the majority),

Users opinion is welcome too.
Thanks given by:
Correct the DNS module does need some work. However no company starts up with all redundant servers all setup and failover in place.

The DNS setup works as it was, i personally feel we should be looking to change the way it works after the initial release.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,554 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
Ubuntu 18.04 vaxition 1 4 ,057 08-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Php5.6 on ubuntu possible? lorenaustin 0 2 ,189 06-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Last Post: lorenaustin