This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Alert] - EU and Non-EU VAT complications
[Alert] - EU and Non-EU VAT complications
Hi Sentora Community,

It would seem many small businesses, SME's and Soletraders are completely unaware of the impending EU VAT MOSS legalisation which WILL affect most of us running web or server hosting services as of 1st January 2015.

Both non-eu and EU businesses will now be required to charge consumers (customers not VAT registered) their country's rate of VAT.

You then have two choices:

1. register in each member of state you sell to for VAT returns (28 of them!)
  2. register in your state for VAT and VAT MOSSĀ 
VAT MOSS returns will automatically distribute the collected VAT to each member of state on your behalf. This is going to be an administrative nightmare for all us micro / from home businesses.

There is an online petition which if you are in the EU in a country with a minimum VAT registration threshold could protect you from 28 countries worth of fine, rates and legislation:

https://www.change.org/p/vince-cable-mp-...l-products
or the new one:
https://www.change.org/p/pierre-moscovic...le-traders

We need more people shouting about this online and to their local tax offices / MEP's / MPs and other influential people!

Please use any social media (twitter, facebook, google+) to get this trending and raise awareness now. I'm available on PM or the zVPS.uk contact page if anyone needs further information. Twitter hashtags being used include:
- #VATMOSS
- #VATMESS

Disclaimer: I am not an accountant or legal advisor, all advice I give will be to the best of my knowledge and should not be relied on. Please consult a professional accountant if you need professional advice Smile
Thanks given by: TGates , Cantalupo

Messages In This Thread
[Alert] - EU and Non-EU VAT complications - by kandrews - 12-11-2014, 12:11 AM