This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What NS do clients use?
What NS do clients use?
The question has been asked and answered many times in numerous convoluted ways, but a KISS response would be helpfull to me and maybe to others.

Assuming I run the site as a Reseller, where does my Client point his name servers to?

I have a DigitalOcean droplet and I've pointed my name servers to it: ns1.digitalocean.com etc. My site and the subdomains are all working fine. The problem is, I've set up four clients for sites I maintain, but can't get any to work. When I create a domain for any of the four client sites in their respective areas, all I get is "This site can't be reached." I've never seen a Sentora holding page - ever.

Does the client point his nameservers to?:

(a) ns1.digitalocean.com etc
(b) ns1.mysite.com etc
© ns1clientsite.com etc
© somewhere else?

I'm assuming (b) because my client shouldn't even know about DigitalOcean. However none work and (b) gives an error at the DNS storage facility. This error indicates that the name server ns1.mysite.com isn't recognised.

When the client creates DNS records using DNS Manager, the generated nameservers are: 

A Record  ns1.mysite.com etc
NS           ns1.clientsite.com etc

All help appreciated.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
What NS do clients use? - by johnk42 - 03-30-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: What NS do clients use? - by TGates - 03-31-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: What NS do clients use? - by johnk42 - 03-31-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: What NS do clients use? - by TGates - 04-01-2018, 07:08 AM
RE: What NS do clients use? - by johnk42 - 04-01-2018, 08:00 AM
RE: What NS do clients use? - by TGates - 04-02-2018, 06:48 AM