This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Using ssl certificate for Postfix and Dovecot in multiple domains.
RE: Using ssl certificate for Postfix and Dovecot in multiple domains.
ps
(08-17-2015, 11:25 PM)apinto Wrote: Welcome to Sentora Smile

For SMTP/IMAP/POP3 (postfix and dovecot protocols) you can only have one SSL Certificate per IP.

Regarding how email works, if you only have one IP (and one server) you should have a single domain for mail exchange, usually this domain is called mx.domain.tld but you can call it whatever you like.

Make sure that your mx.domain.tld is exactly the same IP address as your Reverse DNS domain (usually this is your hostname, panel.domain.tld), if you use CloudFlare DNS make sure mx.domain.tld does not have the orange cloud.

After this, on the OTHER domains you need, just create a subdomain for them like mx.domain2.tld or even mail.domain2.tld (as long as they point to the same IP as your primary mx server).

The ONLY single drawback is that the client needs to accept the security certificate on the FIRST time they connect, all the emails are sent correctly encrypted and received without issue. Anyone who send an email to those domains will not get any warning, they will not even know what is going on.

This both saves you money on IP Addresses and SSL Certs, also, its the only way supported by single IP email servers.

SNI is available but for web browsers.

Hai Apinto,

I have hosted 10 different domains(separate account ) in single VPS server Ip . I can't access remote mail exchanger.

Example -> example.com is primary domain, I have updated vps.example.com as hostname and installed SSL and also TLS is enabled in dovecote and postfix.
        The mail functions are working fine for all the domain.
         Now i want to know, how to do TLS configuration to access all domain mails for remote mail exchanger within single server ip.
         If it not possible with single ip for all domain, please let me know what is solution and configuration to overcome this issue.

Thank You.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using ssl certificate for Postfix and Dovecot in multiple domains. - by saravana - 11-30-2018, 03:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,463 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
Dovecot Error Help Please! Feilding Weather 2 7 ,685 03-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TGates
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,242 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates