This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora
Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora
Hi,

Is there anybody who managed to install Sentora on Azure CentOS Linux release 7.1?

I am new with Linux and also with Sentora.

I have got a few questions:

1) Sentora is asking for "The public IP of the server" when installing. Azure gives a public address called VIP which is virtual. That means that if the server is switched off for a certain time the IP will be released and when the server is on again there will be a new VIP assigned. They recommend to use CNAME rather for this purpose so if anything is pointing to the server it should still work. How this could be used when installing Sentora? Can I use CNAME instead of IP address? Huh  

..the Azure CentOS provided me with DNS Name (something.cloudapp.net), which I used as a subdomain and I used VIP at the moment for requested IP address. I can now access Sentora after successful installation through provided DNS Name something.cloudapp.net. I can easily reinstall it if I should rather provide CNAME through installation? Huh

2) I couldn't find any information regarding this situation. I have got a domain registered with GoDaddy and would like to host website on the server above. I created in GoDaddy new record for mywebsite.com
dns entry - cms  
type - CNAME
destination - something.cloudapp.net

Is this just going to work in Sentora when I add my new domain cms.mywebsite.com in Sentora Domain Management -> Domains or I still need to create DNS in the Sentora DNS Manager? Huh This is a bit confusing..I think in zPanel it would be just working pointing the domain to the zPanel?

My apology if I missed something and my questions are not clear.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I think I post it in the wrong thread, please move it to the right location.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by vaso - 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by apinto - 05-30-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by vaso - 06-01-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by apinto - 06-01-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by Me.B - 05-30-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by vaso - 06-01-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Azure CentOs 7.1 + Sentora - by apinto - 06-01-2015, 07:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,105 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM