This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

not able to log in?
RE: not able to log in?
(02-04-2016, 12:39 AM)TGates Wrote: Basically you need to forward the ports (in that list) in your router to point to your server.

my router?

You mean the one at the office router?

I don't think that the documentation hereĀ http://docs.sentora.org/?node=40 speaks about a router. IT's pretty clear that it refers to the firewall on the server. The setup is pretty straightforward and quite logical for a software firewall of a server.

My server at the moment does not have a firewall.

Besides, I don't believe that there is a router in the world that blocks port 80, 20 or 22 or any of the other ones (110, 25 etc)

Maybe the mysql portĀ 3306 might be the only one that needs to be opened IF you host the mysql server on your own computer.

Right now everything is on my vps. It's my VPS I can't access. The VPS is located at a service provider. Not at home. It's an actual paid VPS with all ports open, ready to accept any cpanel you want to manage it's web resources. There is no router I can control there. The console I'm talking about is a webconsole powered by softvnc that gives a much lower access to the vps than the ssh does. Since it does not rely on a service that runs after boot, you may access the vmware bios etc. It's not located on my home network though. My hosting provider provided that setup.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
not able to log in? - by escozul - 02-03-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: not able to log in? - by TGates - 02-03-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: not able to log in? - by escozul - 02-04-2016, 12:16 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by TGates - 02-04-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by escozul - 02-04-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by TGates - 02-04-2016, 06:17 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by escozul - 02-04-2016, 05:50 PM
RE: not able to log in? - by TGates - 02-05-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by escozul - 02-05-2016, 02:29 AM
RE: not able to log in? - by Me.B - 02-05-2016, 03:39 AM