This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora team not logged in over a year!
Sentora team not logged in over a year!
I was aimless browsing the forums and came to the discovery that some Sentora team members have not logged in in over a year...
  • 14th January, 2015, 07:07
  • 14th March, 2015, 07:33
  • 14th April, 2015, 14:13
  • 8th July, 2015, 18:11
And some almost a year...
Development is going slow because only a few people (with knowledge of knowing what they are doing) are doing development in their free time.
Isn't it time to actively recruiting new team members to speed tings up? (there was a topic about this some time ago which i can not find anymore)

P.S. anyone know more about the following tweet?
Is it still in development? Has it died? Any updates?
[Image: IH32rDu.jpg]

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora team not logged in over a year!
Hi Ron,

As you noticed I tried to open up development and showing, roadmap and plans.

http://forums.sentora.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=54

Any one having the time and willing to help is welcome.

That's my point and view.

Pushing the project require a lot of time and it's not easy to cope with processionnal schedule. I see there is a lot to do here for the panel, nothing that we see as a roadblock as I think we have the knowledge and right solution.

PS: Also We have a Slack for discussion over sentora, only for current dev team where some members had been instead of the forum.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: Ron-e , apinto
Ok thanks that clears up most of the things..

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
I think it's too soon to get a zpanel fate. Sad
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2016, 07:10 PM)Cole Wrote: I think it's too soon to get a zpanel fate. Sad

Your opinion. But not mine! Up to you.

Some time I get a bit angry when I see that and I understand how Bobby and so many team member get frustrated. Everybody want the job done while they are watching and eating pop corn. It's a lot of time we donate for free. So if you want to help you are welcome, if you are here to use it even without donating time or little $ to help the project, it's still OK. But if you are here only to say it's failing, I don't agree.

PS: Zpanel failed due to the new project owner trying to squeeze the team for his own benefit while not even adding ressources to the project!
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I'm hopeful. Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2016, 07:53 PM)Ron-e Wrote: P.S. anyone know more about the following tweet?
Is it still in development? Has it died? Any updates?
[Image: IH32rDu.jpg]

Regarding that Tweet, No that project is not going anywhere.

Bobby Allen contacted me to develop a Sentora 2 sort of panel, many good ideas, but the best it can be described is Vaporware.
Soon the project stopped being Sentora 2 and started to be a completely new project that intended to split it's roots from Sentora completely, I do not believe B. Allen had the most honest and transparent intentions with that.
Still that project never got out of the idea phase and B. Allen even said somewhere on Github around September, 2015 (can't find the comment...) that he already had most of the base framework done, on January he had absolutely ZERO lines of code written... This should give you an idea of how trustworthy that project is.

Anyways, Sentora does not need a new project, it needs to keep getting improved and that is what everyone is doing (as time allows).

Sentora still has a long road ahead, but please keep in your mind that all users can and will shape it's future, keep yourself positively involved in the Sentora project and we will see a bright future.

Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: Ron-e , TGates
Also do not forget that zpanel/sentora was created to be an easy to use and install hosting platform for small hosting and not intended to be like the others with multi-server and stuff. So to move forward in the larger perspective will take a lot of work and changes to the current base code.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 465 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,156 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,377 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM