This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

report Bug
[Not Solved] report Bug
And when I back up from the server with CentOS installed, I can't restore it with the panel. Even if it is restored, everything has to be manually verified and created, which makes the process difficult and tedious.

My final suggestion is that when we want to install the panel, we should not have to type in the email. Setting up the panel should be done through the web, which would save installation time. This way, the panel goes online by simply pasting the installation script and confirming with a "yes" command.

Additionally, the panel looks somewhat outdated in terms of UI/UX. It feels like I'm living in the 18th century or as if I'm in the middle of a world war.
the best of panel sentora
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: report Bug
(07-04-2024, 03:19 AM)drfly Wrote: And when I back up from the server with CentOS installed, I can't restore it with the panel. Even if it is restored, everything has to be manually verified and created, which makes the process difficult and tedious.
I am not sure how you do your backups. The best way is to clone the entire server.
We have planned on making a panel backup manager that works similar to the client backup manager. We have not started on this project yet since we are working on getting Sentora to use php 8.0/8.2

(07-04-2024, 03:19 AM)drfly Wrote: My final suggestion is that when we want to install the panel, we should not have to type in the email. Setting up the panel should be done through the web, which would save installation time. This way, the panel goes online by simply pasting the installation script and confirming with a "yes" command.
The email is hard-coded into the server's configuration. This is almost an impossible task to insert after the installation has been completed. (Especially since we want Sentora to run after install.)
I do not understand what you mean by 'through the web'. The Sentora installer is command line based and must be installed by root user. The information you add during install is required to completely configure Sentora according to your server setup so it will run and function when the install is completed.
Note: The setup was done similar to your suggestion way back with zPanel 1/2 when we supported only Windows. But this became a point of failure when we added Unix and Lynix OSs to the project.
(07-04-2024, 03:19 AM)drfly Wrote: Additionally, the panel looks somewhat outdated in terms of UI/UX. It feels like I'm living in the 18th century or as if I'm in the middle of a world war.
the best of panel sentora
If you don't like the default themes, feel free to make your own and share them (If you want). Yet, I'm not sure how they are 'outdated' since the current default theme matches the current WP admin theme (for example).
Themes aren't too difficult to make but they need to follow the Sentora coding standards. We used to have a guide on how to make themes, but I can't seem to find it in the Docs at the moment. Easiest way is to copy a current theme into a new folder and edit that.

I hope I answered your questions with enough detail on the why and why nots to help you understand how the panel actually works.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: