This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NS settings and domain propagation
NS settings and domain propagation
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for developing Sentora. ex-Cpanel customer here.

I'm having a little issue, hope we can work it out. I installed Sentora on CentOS 7 64 bit correctly (I think) My hostname is server.domainname.com

I logged in my panel and added my domain, then clicked dnsmanager. It created everything for me, which is something great. Should I edit these settings or leave as they are? (I applied these settings on my domain panel, created A/cname records properly.)

I also created an FTP account that shows my root folder (I only have one domain, so I'll use root folder as my main folder)

Now, what should I do next? I created two name servers via my domain panel (ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com) and updated my dns list to those. Am I doing right so far?

Should I do something extra rather than waiting for it to propagated?

Also I don't know how to redirect my control panel to server.domain.com, so I have to access my panel via an IP address. How can I do that? When I look at the dns management on the domain panel, lots of things appear like cname, a records, etc.

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
RE: NS settings and domain propagation
1- Your Welcome!
2- Leave settings as they are.
3- So far everything sounds correct Wink
4- Just wait for propagation to make sure everything is work on that end. This is key.
5- You should not access your panel using IP. This is why we require a subdomain to be entered during install.
There is even a post on how to block IP access: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...38#pid4238
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,140 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Import zpanel settings problem pgh2011 0 2 ,284 12-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: pgh2011
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,424 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates