This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Getting Awstats to work
Getting Awstats to work
Anyway I had awstats working fine on my previous zpanel install.. ie <domain>/awstats/awstat.pl

However I cannot get it working now, it was setup so long back I don't even know what setup procedure I did.. however just trying to follow this guide here http://computers.in4mnation.com/install-...u-apache2/ even this http://blogging.dragon.org.uk/installing...14-04-lts/

aside from a few issues like "Either all Options must start with + or -, or no Option may."

that were fixed, when I try to goto "<domain>/awstats/awstat.pl" I get

Quote:"Error 403 - Access Forbidden

You are not authorised to view this page or directory....

This may be due to the following reasons:-

The web server is setup to disable directory listings.
You supplied an incorrect user/password when attempting to browse this area.
If you believe you are getting this error message by mistake, please contact the website administrator."

Anyone got this working.. perl/cgi work with sentora ?

The built in webazlier is junk and implemention is partly broken would rather just disable and use something better for apache logs.
Thanks given by:
RE: Getting Awstats to work
CGI/Perl was never secure with ZPanel and has thus been disabled on Sentora. The panel requires some reworking for proper (secure) CGI/Perl support to be added back in.
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by:
so basically the changes in sentora, mean awstats like how I had it before isn't even possible?
Thanks given by:
No unless you want an unsecure server!

We care for esecurity & this is how we disable it until we fix it the right way.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
How to get it working is what I want to know...
Thanks given by:
http://piwik.org/docs/installation/
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Interesting, I scanned through their site and do not find anything about perl or CGI being required.
Quote:To run Piwik your host needs a couple of things:
  • Webserver such as Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.
  • PHP version 5.3.3 or greater
  • MySQL version 4.1 or greater
  • (enabled by default) PHP extension pdo and pdo_mysql, or the mysqli extension.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
What? this thread is about getting Awstats working... its a test environment so I really don't care about the security stuff I'm sure there are a dozen security flaws without perl or cgi being nerfed out of sentora to be or already exploited on webservers.

Anyway this is the other thread http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=740 .. where I can't get Piwik working.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2014, 04:37 AM)Leonx Wrote: I'm sure there are a dozen security flaws without perl or cgi being nerfed out of sentora to be or already exploited on webservers.

And here we go again...

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Yep again accusations not backed by anything.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
1.0.2 1.0.3 postfix fix not work andykimpe 20 23 ,642 06-12-2021, 09:54 PM
Last Post: andykimpe
Webalizer Stats not work - how to fix it ? domyhost 2 5 ,636 04-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: domyhost
I changed date and time from server and sentora does not work gabriel15959 1 4 ,549 03-20-2019, 11:52 PM
Last Post: fearworks