This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Advice for new VPS
Advice for new VPS
Hello,
Today I just purchased a new VPS and I need to move it from old VPS to new VPS. Here is the problem:

Old VPS has Ubuntu 12.04 and zPanel

I would like to install Ubuntu 14.04 and sentora to new VPS. But sentora is not released yet and I guess there won't be any upgrade beta to final version of sentora.

If I install zPanel now, in future I can upgrade to sentora. But I cannot install zPanel to Ubuntu 14.04.

For testing purposes, I installed sentora beta to ubuntu 14.04, and it seems to be working fine. If I can easily upgrade beta to final version, I would like to use sentora beta until final version released.

What is your advice? What should I do?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Advice for new VPS
Notice if you use beta. We won't offer upgrade tool from beta to release!

Release is coming soon. So advice wait 2 more weeks.

For migration currently no solution unless some one develop a module. It's not so hard to build but require some work.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: coolman
Thanks for reply.

I have only 5 days to migrate. Because previous hosting plan will be valid until December 2nd.

Is there any chance to release Sentora final in 5 days?

Or should I install ubuntu 12.04 to new VPS and install zPanel and than wait for release of Sentora?
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 07:38 PM)coolman Wrote: Thanks for reply.

I have only 5 days to migrate. Because previous hosting plan will be valid until December 2nd.

Is there any chance to release Sentora final in 5 days?

Or should I install ubuntu 12.04 to new VPS and install zPanel and than wait for release of Sentora?

Be carefull, I had a lot of problems trying to install zpanel. That´s the reason I "found" the sentora fork.

I couldn´t install "old" zpanel in centos, lots of dependencies problems, wget errors, etc.
Thanks given by:
Tango,

Your statement is strange. I'm using zpanel on centos 6.5 & it works fine as long you use blank OS & don't get dark VPS templates that are far from minimal os!

For the delay sorry, We follow our process & availability.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I extended my current VPS for 1 month more because I need more time to migrate websites. Is it possible to release Sentora final before Christmas? It would be nice if before 20th of December.
Thanks given by:
coolman we all would like to change from Zpanel, Im waiting too Sentorea RC, but dont hurry the team, they are doing this work for charity.... If you would like to help more, Use the Donate button.
I hope you understand me. Peace.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Install Advice - zPanel Current Version surfnode 1 5 ,731 01-07-2015, 05:31 AM
Last Post: TGates
Installation Advice. olevangen 1 5 ,989 01-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Me.B