This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unable to rename log file - Permission problem?
Unable to rename log file - Permission problem?
Due to a problem with other service, when I send
Code:
journalctl -xn

it returns:

Code:
nov 26 18:57:19 panel.domain.es named[3942]: unable to rename log file '/var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log' to '/var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log.0': permission denied

When

Code:
ls -la /etc/sentora/logs/bind/

there are several permissions:

Code:
-rw-rw---- 1 named root 324328744 nov 26 19:04 bind.log
-rw-rw---- 1 named root         0 nov  2 16:25 debug.log

I dont know if there is an error with sentora installer or something.
Thanks given by:
RE: Unable to rename log file - Permission problem?
Will check this error.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Bind may be keeping the file open and active. Stop bind service, then try renaming the file. Restart Bind.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 07:15 AM)TGates Wrote: Bind may be keeping the file open and active. Stop bind service, then try renaming the file. Restart Bind.

When mv to bind.log.0, and restart service, says:

Code:
nov 27 11:20:40 panel.domain.es named[28056]: isc_stdio_open '/var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log' failed: permission denied

I had to create a new -empty- bind.log and chown named:apache to get named service working again.

Huh
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 08:24 PM)Tango Wrote:
(11-27-2014, 07:15 AM)TGates Wrote: Bind may be keeping the file open and active. Stop bind service, then try renaming the file. Restart Bind.

Code:
nov 27 11:20:40 panel.domain.es named[28056]: isc_stdio_open '/var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log' failed: permission denied

I had to create a new -empty- bind.log and chown named:apache to get named service working again.

Huh

Hello Tango, i have the same problem, how chown exactly? thanks
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2015, 06:15 AM)Enelotrom Wrote:

Code:

Huh

Hi Enelotrom: just like my message says:

Code:
chown named:apache /var/sentora/logs/bind/bind.log
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2015, 06:15 AM)Enelotrom Wrote:

Code:

Huh

Hello, I finally got it to work by renaming the original file and creating another with permissions 666 and applying permissions to the folder /var/zpanel/logs/bind/ 775, with 755 service was not started fail error. Although the script stop working, do not rename the file (rename log file '/var/zpanel/logs/bind/bind.log' to '/var/zpanel/logs/bind/bind.log.0), the file still generating log and you did not renamed.

Any idead? thanks

Bye.
Thanks given by:
chmod -R 777 /var/zpanel/logs/bind

Try Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to set up File Manger for Sentora? donaldaugust 1 3 ,315 01-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Problem with roundcube pgh2011 0 2 ,308 01-30-2021, 12:48 AM
Last Post: pgh2011
Import zpanel settings problem pgh2011 0 2 ,307 12-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: pgh2011