This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Changing Vhosts Directory
Changing Vhosts Directory
In the Apache module.. if never liked storing everything dumped into "/var/sentora/hostdata/"

So I changed it to "/home/" now it doesn't seem to generate any of the folders, anyway this can be fixed so that it does create the user in the home directory.

Aside from manually fixing it setting the folders to www-data ?
Thanks given by:
RE: Changing Vhosts Directory
Manage Clients is where the folders are created from, you'll have to change the path in controller.ext.php

There may be other places but I can't remember off the top of my head.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
I don't get whats the point in Vhosts Directory being an editable part if changing it doesn't actually work?
I think even cpanel creates new accounts in the /home/<user>/ etc..

anyway where and what in controller.ext.php needs changing to get this working properly? if there are other files that need modifying that would be good to.
Thanks given by:
Currently sentora/zpanel security model has relied mostly on suhosin & openbase_dir that don't use SuEXEC, while cpanel do. So we don't need to use any user for each account as they are created & locked each one using suhosin. But we plan in the future to support suEXEC.

Hope you get the above to understand that moving to /home will trigger permission issues as most files need apache user/group permission setup too untlike cpanel/suexec that will impersonate each user permissions.

So no fix as you didn't get how the panel works currently.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
"But we plan in the future to support suEXEC"

and then I will be able to have accounts in the /home/ dir?
Thanks given by:
Confused You can change the location of where the user files/hosted files are kept in: Module Admin>Apache Config>VHosts Directory
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2014, 04:58 AM)TGates Wrote: Confused You can change the location of where the user files/hosted files are kept in: Module Admin>Apache Config>VHosts Directory

no you can't.. it doesn't make any of the directories, that what this thread is about.

its practically a pointless setting because unless the folders are already made and setup with www-data its junk unless you just use the defaul setting.. which i dunno what it is anymore.. should have a little tooltip that shows the default settings for all settings incase someone changes them and wants/needs to go back
Thanks given by:
If that's the case, then it's a bug and needs to be reported on the GitHub issue tracker.
It used to work just fine. Something must have been changed in the more recent updates that broke it...the Dev's will have to take a look.

A tooltip or some sort of note showing the default would be good. Could also post that as an enhancement request.

Thanks given by:
It's not bug.

I explained in post 4.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Dodgy  that's if they use /home/ ... if using another chosen or created folder like /www/ or whatever it should still work as intended. I think this was mainly added so that it could be used with Windows and *nix servers allowing c:/... or /../ to be entered. For Windows, it was good because you could have the panel on one drive, while all hosted content could be on a separate drive. For *nix, you can just use simlinks...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory vsvinit0 4 8 ,969 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: vsvinit0
Sentora open_basedir - how to set for specific directory sathish2009 6 15 ,383 05-02-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: TGates
what files edit /etc/sentora/configs/apache/httpd-vhosts.conf mungujakisa 11 24 ,125 08-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: TGates