This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Proper CRON setup
RE: Proper CRON setup
I'm not happy with the way I've set up my cron jobs for Boonex Dolphin. Some things are working including bulk mail, but others are not. Dolphin creates sessions which the cron job is meant to clear on a daily basis, but this is not happening.

During the install process, Dolphin asks for the following cron job to be created:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/mysite/public_html/periodic/cron.php

I'm not sure how important the -q (quiet) bit is, but the path to PHP has me confused and I'm not sure if I even need it.

During a typical Dolphin install, it attempts to find the PHP binary using the path /usr/local/bin/php. Sometimes it says PHP is found and sometimes it says it isn't. I'm assuming PHP is actually located at /etc/php5/apache2/ and I've tried both paths. In each instance the sessions aren't being cleared and possibly other things probably aren't working properly either.

Can someone help me create a working new_cron.php which is installed correctly in the public_html/periodic folder.

Here's what I've tried:

<?php
include ('/usr/bin/php -q cron.php');
?>

and

<?php
include ('/etc/php5/apache2/php -q cron.php');
?>

and

<?php
include ('-q cron.php');
?>

Thank You
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Proper CRON setup - by TGates - 10-22-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by TGates - 01-31-2015, 03:34 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by CJsent - 10-16-2017, 12:17 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by TGates - 10-16-2017, 05:26 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by Me.B - 01-31-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by TGates - 02-28-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: [HOW-TO] Proper CRON setup - by Me.B - 02-28-2015, 03:59 AM
RE: Proper CRON setup - by johnk42 - 05-14-2018, 12:29 AM
RE: Proper CRON setup - by TGates - 05-15-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Proper CRON setup - by johnk42 - 05-15-2018, 01:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ubuntu: How to setup TLS on postfix and dovecot Diablo925 28 106 ,954 02-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Last Post: duane