This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Installation Issues
Installation Issues
I just got a new server and it has  Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS installed so i decided to try sentora instead of my ususal zpanel.

iwent through the guide lines and ran the command:
bash <(curl -Ss hxxps://github.com/sentora/sentora-installers/archive/1.0.0.sh)

this is what i'm getting:
Code:
root@Ubuntu-1404-trusty-64-minimal ~ # bash <(curl -Ss hxxps://github.com/sentora/sentora-installers/archive/1.0.0.sh)
/dev/fd/63: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/dev/fd/63: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
root@Ubuntu-1404-trusty-64-minimal ~ # curl: (23) Failed writing body (278 != 1370)

what am i doing wrong?  Sad

thank you   Smile

Note: I have replaced the t's in http with x because i received a warning about posting a link on the forum.
Thanks given by:
RE: Installation Issues
Where did you found this command line ?
 It is definitively obsolete and if you check the linh alone (https://github.com/sentora/sentora-insta...e/1.0.0.sh), you will see that wget grabs an error 404 page !

We are in beta test state for Sentora 1.0.0 which is still not officially released.
I would ask you to wait a few days until we solved most of returned points, except if you have knowledge enough to do some meticulous tries and report us anything wrong.
Thanks given by:
I'm some what confused. i found the command here:
hxxps://github.com/sentora/sentora-installers

so is there any stable version of sentora available to install?

i can't seem to find any information on anything but version 1.0.0 which you say is unstable.

Huh  
Thanks given by:
Well, as stated in my signature, nothing is released yet and is all still in beta.

The installers are in final testing stages, while the core still has a few tweaks and bugs we would like to get sorted before actual release.

It will run as it is, but it's is not fully tested yet.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
thank you very much and sorry for my confusion.

Is there an estimate at when it should be made available?
Thanks given by:
We are in final stage of beta... You can test it if you wish and give us your feedback.

I can PM you the installer.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I am also keen to take Sentora for a test drive, like data says above it's a bit confusing that the command line bash <(curl -Ss hxxps://github.com/sentora/sentora-installers/archive/1.0.0.sh) is still avaliable on github even though it throws an error. It may be helpful to put a note on Github that says this command doesn't yet work  to save peoples time?

Keep up the good work!
Thanks given by:
IT should be soon replaced with the new installer. Also we will change the url of the installers so it will be 1 URL & easier to guess.

Beta in last stages.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Look forward to it!

Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
New installation script and prefered Ubuntu Version? aliceprince 1 4 ,627 08-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TGates
to clone 'sentora' installation to another machine gabriel15959 4 7 ,802 06-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Me.B
SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! aaronlroberts 9 19 ,574 11-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: siulian