This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wordpress Multisite Support (& Multiple Domains if Possible)
Wordpress Multisite Support (& Multiple Domains if Possible)
Hello,

I installed wordpress on a subdoimain with the intent of creating multiple websites under the following domain structure:

Wordpress installation: wordpress.alexsobiek.com
Site 1: site1.alexsobiek.com
Site 2: site2.alexsobiek.com

and so on.

However, I haven't found a good solution to this so far. I've been reading around the forums and I saw a couple of posts but don't quite understand them. Wordpress includes rewrite code for the .htaccess of the main installation domain (wordpress.alexsobiek.com) but that creates subdomains (that don't even work) such as site1.wordpress.alexsobiek.com. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution or any ideas of what I could do. My main site, alexsobiek.com is not wordpress but if I have to switch it to make all of this work, I'm open to that option. 

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Wordpress Multisite Support (& Multiple Domains if Possible)
I found a solution. If you properly setup multisite (following all instructions carefully), all you need to do is change the domain on the wordpress control panel (network admin page > sites), add that domain/sub-domain to sentora, and point the home directory to the wordpress installation directory.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,003 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
Disabling warning and notice logging in /var/sentora/logs/domains/* JSmith 0 2 ,435 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JSmith
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,545 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1