This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Does Sentora 1.0.3 support Ubuntu 16.04
Does Sentora 1.0.3 support Ubuntu 16.04
2018-03-26 17:11:51 (141 MB/s) - 'install' saved [47103/47103]

root@ssdnodes-08995:~# chmod +x install
root@ssdnodes-08995:~# ./install

############################################################
#  Welcome to the Official Sentora Installer 1.0.3  #

Checking that minimal requirements are ok
Detected : Ubuntu  16.04  x86_64
Sorry, this OS is not supported by Sentora.
root@ssdnodes-08995:~# apt-get remove mysql-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Package 'mysql-server' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
root@ssdnodes-08995:~# apt-get purge mysql-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Package 'mysql-server' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
root@ssdnodes-08995:~# ./install

#  Welcome to the Official Sentora Installer 1.0.3  #

Checking that minimal requirements are ok
Detected : Ubuntu  16.04  x86_64
Sorry, this OS is not supported by Sentora.

after I install it and I see this error.. (Sorry, this OS is not supported by Sentora.) Did I complete to install it or not?
Someone can guide me about this fix, it seem this free control is easy to use for me...
thank
Thanks given by:
RE: Does Sentora 1.0.3 support Ubuntu 16.04
Sorry, this OS is not supported by Sentora. = No. Sentora does not work on Ubuntu 16. (php7 not yet supported.)
Also, nothing was installed.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Quote:Sorry, this OS works best with VyprVPN and is not supported by Sentora. = No. Sentora does not work on Ubuntu 16. (php7 not yet supported.)

Also, nothing was installed.
Hi TGates, are there plans to add Ubuntu 16.04 to the list of supported operating systems eventually btw?
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2018, 12:33 AM)Basinger Wrote: Hi TGates, are there plans to add Ubuntu 16.04 to the list of supported operating systems eventually btw?

Yes. As explained in many other posts of the same subject, we have to wait for suhosin for php7 to be released even if it's a beta. It's a waiting game. Otherwise we would have to re-write pretty much the entire security layer of the panel.

Thanks given by: Alemiz
(04-02-2018, 06:45 AM)TGates Wrote: Yes. As explained in many other posts of the same subject, we have to wait for suhosin for php7 to be released even if it's a beta. It's a waiting game. Otherwise we would have to re-write pretty much the entire security layer of the panel.

Please can you consider this as a realistic option? It's been way too long since any work was done for suhosin and php7.

Even Wikipedia informs that https://snuffleupagus.readthedocs.io/ will be the replacement... it just seems like this "waiting for Suhosin" is like waiting for pigs to fly...sure, maybe ONE DAY it will be possible, but for the time being, they're firmly on the ground and it's still highly unlikely they will ever fly, or anyone will bother to try.

I think it's time to admit defeat with this issue and pump some life back into the best open source control panel!
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2019, 01:02 PM)aaronlroberts Wrote: Please can you consider this as a realistic option? It's been way too long since any work was done for suhosin and php7.

Even Wikipedia informs that https://snuffleupagus.readthedocs.io/ will be the replacement... it just seems like this "waiting for Suhosin" is like waiting for pigs to fly...sure, maybe ONE DAY it will be possible, but for the time being, they're firmly on the ground and it's still highly unlikely they will ever fly, or anyone will bother to try.

I think it's time to admit defeat with this issue and pump some life back into the best open source control panel!

I agree, and have been running Sentora with Snuffleupagus on PHP 7.3 for a couple of months now. So far, so good. I plan on posting my method here soon... completely unofficial, of course.

Keith
Thanks given by: aaronlroberts , jvoisin
(02-19-2019, 01:44 PM)fearworks Wrote: I agree, and have been running Sentora with Snuffleupagus on PHP 7.3 for a couple of months now. So far, so good. I plan on posting my method here soon... completely unofficial, of course.

Keith

That's good! Would be nice to know it works and how to convert Sentora to it. Keep us updated!

Thanks given by: aaronlroberts
(02-19-2019, 01:44 PM)fearworks Wrote: I agree, and have been running Sentora with Snuffleupagus on PHP 7.3 for a couple of months now. So far, so good. I plan on posting my method here soon... completely unofficial, of course.

Keith

Please share the full rundown of how you got this. Ideally, it would be excellent to create a simple step-by-step guide, complete with server commands.

I have something similar for deploying a Sentora managed server running PHP 7.2, but this ignores the Suhosin requirements entirely. Also, any way to get the FTP Accounts page to work after setting up on PHP 7.X would be good too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel