This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ProFTPd & DNS Zone Updating
ProFTPd & DNS Zone Updating
Hello All,

I've currently got an issue after upgrading my MySQL to a later version due to vulnerabilities in the version I had installed.

I'm just wondering what updates the ProFTPd Database from the Sentora Database and what generates the Zone files for the DNS as these two components aren't working anymore. - Once I know how this works, I should be able to resolve the issues I'm having.

Kind Regards,
Andy
Thanks given by:
RE: ProFTPd & DNS Zone Updating
Not quite sure how we can help.

Proftpd use a database for users access. Did you check logs for errors already?

MySQL release you are using now?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: ProFTPd & DNS Zone Updating
Hello Me.B,

I'm currently using mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.21, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

----- UPDATE -----

Ok, so I've just manually run the daemon and I appear to be having errors which is probably why these aren't working correctly. The current error I have is:

SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'sentora_core.x_dns.dn_id_pk' which is not functionally dependent on columns in G' at line 1

----------------------

When I use the web interface to create a new FTP account, I can see it in the x_ftpaccounts table inside the sentora_core database but they're not appearing in ftpuser in the sentora_proftpd database. - Which file is meant to put it into the ftpuser table?

As for the DNS side of things, the Website is showing the DNS records, but it's not creating the zones on the server.

In regards to the logs, which logs should I look in? I can't see anything in the bind logs or proftpd logs that would indicate a problem.

I've just done some further testing and when I try and add a new DNS record, I get HTTP Error 500 but there isn't anything showing in any of the below logs for Sentora:

ErrorLog "/var/sentora/logs/sentora-error.log"
CustomLog "/var/sentora/logs/sentora-access.log" combined
CustomLog "/var/sentora/logs/sentora-bandwidth.log" common
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Site Not Updating changes made in The HTML file me7leelee 4 7 ,968 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: 5050
Uploaded Website Not Updating GiantEspresso 3 6 ,785 04-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Updating PHP georgi_arsoff 9 16 ,924 02-02-2019, 01:55 AM
Last Post: fearworks