This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ProFTPD Unit not found
RE: ProFTPD Unit not found
agree that's odd how we did it. BUT that need still to be done that way for centos 6. Since centos 7 we are able to add epel release in easier way using the yum install epel-release

Agree we should fix the installer checking it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hi there,

Sorry, I hadn't paid attention to the CentOS 6 code so didn't realise if you modify the installer where I said it then breaks the CentOS 6 installation. The CentOS 6 code is working as it originally was because the Fedora Project have put a copy of the EPEL file inside the architect (x86_64) folder rather than having to delve into the "Packages" or the "e" folder - but only for CentOS 6. CentOS 7 still appears to need the fix, so I think this code is more correct for both CentOS 6 & 7 versions as opposed to what I suggested in my earlier post:

Code:
#EPEL
Repo Install
EPEL_BASE_URL="http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/$VER/$ARCH";
if  [[ "$VER" = "7" ]]; then
   EPEL_FILE=$(wget -q -O- "$EPEL_BASE_URL/Packages/e/" | grep -oP '(?<=href=")epel-release.*(?=">)')
   wget "$EPEL_BASE_URL/Packages/e/$EPEL_FILE"
else
   EPEL_FILE=$(wget -q -O- "$EPEL_BASE_URL/" | grep -oP '(?<=href=")epel-release.*(?=">)')
   wget "$EPEL_BASE_URL/$EPEL_FILE"
fi
$PACKAGE_INSTALLER -y install epel-release*.rpm
rm "$EPEL_FILE"

Keith.
Thanks given by:
I'm not going to keep chasing this but it looks like you have changed the installation script back to what it was originally was.

If you read my post above I am not suggesting to do that, as the EPEL installation on CentOS 7 is still broken in this case. I have simply moved the "Packages" addition to within the CentOS 7 routine, so it does not affect the CentOS 6 routine, for the reasons outlined in my post above.

Hopefully it is clear enough for those reading here to see what needs modifying to make it work (as of July 2018) and hopefully provide a reason why people have had issues with ProFTPD etc.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
Great! I will try and find some time to make the changes on Github unless Me.B does it first (He knows the proper branch to update.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2018, 05:19 AM)TGates Wrote: Great! I will try and find some time to make the changes on Github unless @[Me.B] does it first (He knows the proper branch to update.)

Hey Guys, is there a way to reinstall proftpd after a fresh Sentora install  (and make it work properly with Sentora) or should I just reinstall Sentora all together? I didn't see this until after my install.

I just installed EPEL.

Thanks

Panel: 1.0.3
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2018, 06:27 AM)james30263 Wrote: Hey Guys, is there a way to reinstall proftpd after a fresh Sentora install  (and make it work properly with Sentora) or should I just reinstall Sentora all together? I didn't see this until after my install.

I just installed EPEL.

Thanks

Panel: 1.0.3

It could be a bit messy but if you're prepared to do a full reinstall anyway and start from scratch, why not have a go at adding it in first and if it doesn't work, just do the full reinstall. I think the following SHOULD get in installed, but if not then maybe feedback what happened as it might help adjust these commands and help others. These instructions are for CentOS 7 only:

Code:
yum -y proftpd proftpd-mysql
rm -f /etc/proftpd.conf
ln -s /etc/sentora/configs/proftpd/proftpd-mysql.conf" /etc/proftpd.conf
systemctl enable proftpd.service
systemctl start proftpd.service

As far as I can tell, everything else that the installer does for ProFTPD would have been performed anyway, even though the installation of the package failed.

If the first line fails, then you haven't installed EPEL correctly and you should run these commands first (NOTE: at the time of writing, this is based on the latest EPEL release but if it fails, visit https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/...ackages/e/ and scroll down to find what the latest "epel-release" is to use in these commands):

Code:
wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/e/epel-release-7-11.noarch.rpm
yum -y install epel-release-7-11.noarch.rpm
rm epel-release-7-11.noarch.rpm

The other thing to keep in mind is that if the EPEL installation failed when you set up Sentora, you might also have missed MCrypt and IMAP for PHP, which both rely on EPEL, so you might also want to run:

Code:
yum -y php-mcrypt php-imap
systemctl restart httpd.service

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keith.
Thanks given by: james30263
Thanks Keith, I ran the following in this order to get it to work. (I didn't run the EPEL code since I already installed it.). Everything seems to run perfect now!  Big Grin

Code:
yum install -y php-mcrypt php-imap

Code:

Code:
yum install -y proftpd proftpd-mysql

Code:
rm -f /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:
ln -s /etc/sentora/configs/proftpd/proftpd-mysql.conf /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:

Code:
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2018, 08:23 AM)james30263 Wrote: Thanks Keith, I ran the following in this order to get it to work. (I didn't run the EPEL code since I already installed it.). Everything seems to run perfect now!  Big Grin

Code:
yum install -y php-mcrypt php-imap

Code:

Code:
yum install -y proftpd proftpd-mysql

Code:
rm -f /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:
ln -s /etc/sentora/configs/proftpd/proftpd-mysql.conf /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:

Code:

Glad to hear it!

Those are essentially the steps the installer would have done had it been able to. Hopefully others who originally installed with the EPEL issue in the installer will find this helps, although I think it would need tweaking if you're not on CentOS 7.

Keith
Thanks given by:
Yea, hopefully this will help. Although if they aren't using Centos then they may not have the issue. What I posted is mainly for the Centos users.  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-13-2018, 10:39 AM)james30263 Wrote: Yea, hopefully this will help. Although if they aren't using Centos then they may not have the issue. What I posted is mainly for the Centos users.  Big Grin

Yes, of course - I am forgetting that it's the CentOS subroutine that needed fixing in the installation script - so the Ubuntu/Debian should be fine I think.

Keith.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
proftpd.service not found tallguy64 2 9 ,051 06-30-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Clamav on ProFtpd gcmstudios 0 3 ,931 02-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Last Post: gcmstudios
ProFTPD Version 1.3.5rc3 How secure is? theotherpeople 1 6 ,640 03-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Me.B