This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Problems
DNS Problems
Hi everyone!

I setup the dns for my reseller domain and reseller web page is running fine.
However when i point client domains to ns1.resellerdomain.com and ns2.resellerdomain.com they are never resolved...
more then two days passed....
Can anyone give me a hint asap because is urgent :/

Best regards!
Thanks given by: liemmayer
RE: DNS Problems
did you create the ns and ns2.resellerdomain.com reseller domains ?

You need also to declare them in registrar as DNS server so it can resolve.

You need to understand that as the same domain holds the DNS server records, we need to find soewhere the first resolution. That's why we declare special records in your domaine registrar so are able to resolve at lease the ns1/ns2 records.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
(10-31-2017, 07:36 AM)Me.B Wrote: did you create the ns and ns2.resellerdomain.com reseller domains ?

You need also to declare them in registrar as DNS server so it can resolve.

You need to understand that as the same domain holds the DNS server records, we need to find soewhere the first resolution. That's why we declare special records in your domaine registrar so are able to resolve at lease the ns1/ns2 records.

M B

Now problem resolved i added name servers of reseller domain into client domain dns zone in sentora panel.
However what if i want to use cloudflare to hide my name servers do you have any guide for that ?
(10-31-2017, 08:25 AM)thehosterx Wrote: Now problem resolved i added name servers of reseller domain into client domain dns zone in sentora panel.
However what if i want to use cloudflare to hide my name servers do you have any guide for that ?

Hi there, you dont need that, you can add your cloudflare but update your nameservers too when you do it, make sure it points to your server IP's.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problems with editing dns F5Host 1 5 ,144 06-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Me.B