This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Absolute newbie question about mx records
RE: Absolute newbie question about mx records
[i Wrote:angeljs][/i]First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful, free software!
Hi, this is not labeled "Free", Sentora Panel is an open source platform which is licensed under GPLv3 (Should be v3).

angeljs Wrote:I have a dynamic IP address

Firstly if you want to run your own website, here's a tip get rid of the Dynamic ip that renders your site useless as your ip could change at any moment. Secondly you need a fast connection at least 20mb download and 20mb upload if you want your clients to be satisfied sort of, do you have the necessary skill to maintain a server and a mail server 0_0 ?, do you have the proper hardware? do you have ssd's and not hdd's. Are you prepared to face huge amounts of traffic flooding your home network ?

angeljs Wrote:The problem I'm having is that I can't send or receive eMails to my domain mailboxes and I'm not sure what to add in the MX records, either within Sentora or DynDNS. I've tried mail.mydomain.com, but nothing is received at all within the mailbox, but the address set up within the server config receives all eMails sent to the server.

I'm hoping, at some point, to host all of my own websites, and with some research it appears I'd be better off having a static IP address, but this is not possible at this time. Could that be the problem?

NOTE: Sentora Panel is DOES NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORT WINDOWS

So keeping the "NOTE" and the forum topic/header as well as your topic name "newbie", why the hell would you ask for support on an OS that is not supported and if you want to get it working 100% on windows you will have to have at least PHP if you do not know PHP you are going to find it very hard to get it up and running 100%. im not even going to bother to help you fix the mail issue as I'm not a fan of windows a web server but fear not I shall leave you a hint "Why do windows users have to setup the email server manually for windows ? but for Linux users they seem to work from the get go?".

Here's a smart idea
Step 1: scrap windows
Step 2: get Ubuntu or Centos 7 
Step 3: set a static ip as well as contact your isp so that they can set a static ip as well
Step 4: install sentora
Step 5: found and error in the installation?
Step 6: you can gladly create a topic or thread (keeping in my that you would have to know the forum rules), and the development team would actually reply to your posts since your not using WINDOWS.

"Sentora on Windows (Un-Offical) v1.0
This forum is dedicated to maintaining Sentora on Windows support by the Community (NOT the Staff!) and is considered 'Un-Official' at this point."

If you would like assistance on a Linux Distro, feel free to tag me in the post and I will help you if its not a windows problem Smile
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Absolute newbie question about mx records - by betatester3.0 - 09-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Default dns records Marco Annunziata 3 9 ,972 02-20-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Me.B