This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Install Iissues - some pointers.
Install Iissues - some pointers.
I have been using zPanel and then Sentora on Centos 6.x for quite some time and found it to be the BEST open source panel for the "IX" platform - period.

Over the years I have been using Website Panel (now SolidCP) on Windows, but it is a "busy install" but works extremely well. Costs for certain "add-ons" makes it expensive (not to mention how vulnerable Windows and IIS are); so I was delighted to see Sentora for Windows.

Bottom Line: It installs without issue on Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012RD (x64). Just make sure that you DO NOT have IIS, DNS, anything installed with Platform Installer and even IISadmin running. Cripple them or remove them altogether.

After browsing this forum, I saw many posts regarding sending/receiving email and form posts (contact forms etc) as well as other issues.

So, I thought I'd pass along a few comments that may help others:

1) hMail server (which I have been using since v4.x) works and works properly if you follow the hMail Server Install guides. Since this product is installed with Windows Sentora, the only issue you should face is configuring the program itself. Use the hMail guides, they are excellent and will resolve 99.999% of issues,
2) For hMail server to function properly, you may have set the BIND address to 127.0.0.1 - do not leave it blank,
3) hMail server needs to have the proper settings set for Incoming and Outgoing mail (web to internal, internal to web etc),
4) Sendmail caused me a few issues with sending mail using a php mailer test script. The script is fine as I use it on "IX" boxes, so this told me it was a Window's Issue. SURE ENOUGH it was the Long File Name that I used in the sendmail.ini file. DON'T use an LFN (ex: c:\program files(x86)\php\sendmail), use either "c:\sendmail" or the 8.3 filename - VOILA - it will work,
5) As I have Static addresses, I had to turn off the Auto IP feature - no big deal here either.

Other than many of the videos being in Russian, watch them anyway. Visually you will get a clue as to what is to be done.

For those that are asking about Windows 10 - it does actually install and work so long as you install the required VC++ libraries and TURN of UAC.

But of course, Windows 10 (as is 7) is a DESKTOP environment, it is not designed for use as a "Real" production server.

Really, think about it...

In my opinion, Windows Sentora is extremely well done and for me worked right out of the box on 3 installs. Each of these servers are in Production on the web and each build took me no more than 8 hours each - in total including locking down folders, creating virtual directories etc.

I applaud Mark on the excellent work!!!!

When might we see an update with new features?

No pressure. Big Grin
Thanks given by: TGates

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How Can I Install Sentastico Package Offline EvilBoy 4 12 ,074 04-06-2021, 03:39 AM
Last Post: ccr1969