This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Socks Problems SQL
Socks Problems SQL
Hello dear Sentora community. Now i am here.
I thought i can safe me this part, but ...

Long words small sense.

I can connect to sentora phpmyadmin.

If i want install, wordpress or other scripts, the login form/db connect tells me: Cant connect db

/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!

Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Need your support.

I knowsentora, that i install the software, configure it fast and can start/install other software.

Where the problem is? Cant fix it.
Greetings
Greetz!

... chirp chirp chirp ... noises (!)... a whisper in the forums ... Soon we'll get a full anonymous social media for free speech, without censorship and governments.
A bridge between dark & social web, as a pure social media. If we like it, they have bitcoin! Means: They are really "crowd" funded (!!!) ... chirp chirp chirp ... 
Thanks given by:
RE: Socks Problems SQL
It tells you what is wrong: Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!

Is it running? Does the file mentioned exist? If so, what are the file's permissions.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2017, 07:38 AM)TGates Wrote: It tells you what is wrong: Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!

Is it running? Does the file mentioned exist? If so, what are the file's permissions.

Exist!
Running!

# sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start
start: Job is already running: mysql

But i had problems during installation. Have to uninstall apache2 and bind9 to install sentora.

As you can see, phpmyadmin can connect.
Only with uploaded software and this db connect,
i get always problems.

Tried different OS (Ubuntu 16/14 (32|64), CentOs)
Greetings

(06-05-2017, 07:16 PM)JimKnopf Wrote: ------------------
FIXED
------------------

Think i have the problem found.
Have restared mysql with

sudo stop mysql
sudo start mysql
NOTE: A SERVER REBOOT FIX THIS PROBLEM NOT!
ONLY THE PROCESS STOP/RESTART FIX IT AFTER AN NEW INSTALLATION (!)
I think, this problems comes with deinstalling apache2 and bind9, see above|beyond.

[ apt-get purge apache2*
apt-get purge bind9*
]

Now i can install WP as a sample installation.

When problems are ... i know where i can find you.
Greetings

-------------

-Temporarely closed, problem could self fixed -

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Greetz!

... chirp chirp chirp ... noises (!)... a whisper in the forums ... Soon we'll get a full anonymous social media for free speech, without censorship and governments.
A bridge between dark & social web, as a pure social media. If we like it, they have bitcoin! Means: They are really "crowd" funded (!!!) ... chirp chirp chirp ... 
Thanks given by:
Ok, glad you have sorted it out and everything is running OK. Keep us updated if any changes.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problems After PHP7 upgrade bloods 3 6 ,763 12-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
All time problems with Cron franmm25 6 12 ,016 07-03-2018, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Installation problems OSTICKET pinchos 1 4 ,275 04-19-2018, 11:53 PM