This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Page not showed
Page not showed
I have domain registered at another registrar.
I created test page on hostingwire.net account, uploaded page via ftp, but it now showed up.
What is the problem?
Thanks given by:
RE: Page not showed
(03-07-2017, 09:01 AM)vestex Wrote: I have domain registered at another registrar.
I created test page on hostingwire.net account, uploaded page via ftp, but it now showed up.
What is the problem?

We need more information.
Did you update the DNS name server IPs at the registrar to those of your VPS?
Can you see the domain and test page if you edit your local host file to the server IP?
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2017, 01:54 PM)aroaminggeek Wrote: We need more information.
Did you update the DNS name server IPs at the registrar to those of your VPS?
Can you see the domain and test page if you edit your local host file to the server IP?

DNS IPs point to IPs provided by DNS hosting provider.(no relation with HostingWire).There was no needs to change anything in local host file in the past. Hosting control panel is very poor documented.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2017, 08:02 PM)vestex Wrote: DNS IPs point to IPs provided by DNS hosting provider.(no relation with HostingWire).There was no needs to change anything in local host file in the past. Hosting control panel is very poor documented.

Point to DNS hosting provider? They need to point to your vps IP! How else would the 'World' know how to direct your domain to YOUR server?

Poorly documented? It is all in the Docs here: http://docs.sentora.org
More specifically: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=7 (Pre installation check)
Quote:You MUST have a domain name registered and a SUB-DOMAIN pointing to your server's IP,
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
My nameservers set to Cisco OpenDNS nameservers.

What is "vps IP"? There is no explanation of that term in email I got.
Ok, I find email from HostingWire where at the end, with very small faded text noted: "Point your DNS records to the following address: 77.167.145.4"
But which records? There are eight types of DNS records in registrar's panel (A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, SRV, TXT, DS, NS). Why not specify clearly which from DNS records should be changed to that IP???
If they "meant" NS records, then it is wrong format, as NS entry accept hostname(like ns7.host.com), not IP.
Thanks given by:
All the info is in our docs, just need to find the right section for your needs. We can't choose that for you.

About you asking about which records, well, ALL of them since Sentora has all your DNS, mail, ftp, EVERYTHING needed to run a complete hosting panel.
NOTE: You only need to do this for your MAIN DOMAIN (The domain you use for your panel login and main web site). ALL others will use Sentora's internal DNS by being pointed at your nameservers.

Many use this due to most server's only having one IP: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

I have no idea how your domain registrar works. I use GoDaddy and they allow me to create my own nameservers that point to my server's IP. From there, everything is handled inside Sentora's DNS for all domains and sub domains including email and ftp, etc.

My clients just point their domains at my nameservers and they are good to go!

Thanks given by:
(03-08-2017, 11:44 AM)Gates Wrote: All the info is in our docs, just need to find the right section for your needs. We can't choose that for you.

About you asking about which records, well, ALL of them since Sentora has all your DNS, mail, ftp, EVERYTHING needed to run a complete hosting panel.
NOTE: You only need to do this for your MAIN DOMAIN (The domain you use for your panel login and main web site). ALL others will use Sentora's internal DNS by being pointed at your nameservers.

Many use this due to most server's only having one IP: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

I have no idea how your domain registrar works. I use GoDaddy and they allow me to create my own nameservers that point to my server's IP. From there, everything is handled inside Sentora's DNS for all domains and sub domains including email and ftp, etc.

My clients just point their domains at my nameservers and they are good to go!

No all records, but only "A" records need be changed to server IP and nothing else.

I've set up FTP, created directory and uploaded file into it, but can't view any file. When pointing browser to file, it show

"Error 404 - Not Found
The requested file or directory was not found!"

FTP is misconfigured.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2017, 06:57 AM)vestex Wrote: No all records, but only "A" records need be changed to server IP and nothing else.

I've set up FTP, created directory and uploaded file into it, but can't view any file. When pointing browser to file, it show

"Error 404 - Not Found
The requested file or directory was not found!"

FTP is misconfigured.

What does a dig on the domain report show for the A records?
http://digwebinterface.com or the output from a dig on the commandline from your computer?
Thanks given by:
After adding the domain inside Sentora, did you go to the DNS Manager module and create the default DNS entries for that domain?

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2017, 11:51 AM)aroaminggeek Wrote: What does a dig on the domain report show for the A records?
http://digwebinterface.com or the output from a dig on the commandline from your computer?

it show domain pointing to ip,    1799    IN    A    77.167.145.4

Quote:TGates

After adding the domain inside Sentora, did you go to the DNS Manager module and create the default DNS entries for that domain?

Registrar DNS panel not allow to change both A and NS records. Either A or NS record, but not both. Existing NS entries points to registrar nameservers. Even if it allowed, I have no idea what is hostingwire nameservers as it was not specified anywhere.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SQL White Page klubbers 2 5 ,330 04-05-2019, 02:55 AM
Last Post: fearworks
sentora creates vhost but it displays the apache start page timce2000 4 9 ,619 06-17-2018, 11:31 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora Suspended Page not showing, just FORBIDDEN aaronlroberts 3 7 ,408 04-13-2018, 06:43 AM
Last Post: TGates