This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora + Multicraft FTP Issue
Sentora + Multicraft FTP Issue
So I recently setup an Ubuntu 14.04 server and setup Sentora first. Afterwards I installed Multicraft. There are two parts of Multicraft. A panel side and a daemon that runs the Minecraft servers. I installed the Panel side as a Subdomain in Sentora and it works flawlessly. The Daemon also works just fine.

The issue I am running into is FTP access for Multicraft Users. My sentora FTP clients can access their files just fine, however my Multicraft users keep getting invalid password errors even though they are correct. From what I have read Sentora uses proftpd-basic. Is this correct?

I have inquired as to which service Multicraft uses. Any help from this side would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora + Multicraft FTP Issue
Multicraft uses net2ftp as far as I know. What you will have to do is go into the multicraft.conf file in your daemon folder and edit the ftp port on which the multicraft uses for ftp if they are using the file manager in the panel or a ftp program. If they are using a different program than the panel then they will need to adjust the port to match your settings in the .conf file. Your other optionl, if you have multiple ip addresses you can bind the daemon to a different ip than your panel and you will be able to leave the portnumber alone.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:
After making that change and restarting the Daemon I am still unable to connect to FTP at the specified port. In cl I receive the warning.

Loading configuration from /multicraft/multicraft.conf
Invalid value for ftpPort (26
## users in any way. If you want users to be able to upload their own)
Thanks given by:
Let me do some testing on my test server that has sentora and multicraft the solution has worked for me in the past.

Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by: ChuckTheViking
Thank you! Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
@HogensHero nice website btw. Dig the layout. Though it seems exactly like my many attempts to foster a gaming community. Only close friends that don't do anything to help bring in others seem to join and it never actually becomes alive lol. No offense meant by that, just self analyzing myself.
Thanks given by:
Well we are trying to build our player base as well

Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:
Nice! So still at it then? Also Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know still working on that as well.

Russ
Co-Owner
KTMGaming.net
Thanks given by:
Got a response from Multicraft staff.

Thank you for your inquiry. Multicraft comes with a built-in FTP server that runs on port 21 by default. If you already have an FTP server running on your system you might have to change the ftpPort setting in your multicraft.conf file.

I have since sent a request for ports that are valid ## for it to use.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,025 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,169 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,594 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel