This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[SOLVED] Remove ftp username prefix
[SOLVED] Remove ftp username prefix
Hello,

i already search for this and understand about the reason of the "zadmin_" as prefix of ftp username.

But i have a specific ftp account called: "zadmin_plain" and i really really need this to be just: "plain".

Please anyone can tell me how to change this ssh?

I have the same problem with the prefix "zadmin_" in my mysql databases, but i fix it via ssh creating directly my databases. I know the databases without the prefix are not listed in sentora panel, but this is not a problem to me.

Thanks a lot!
Thanks given by:
RE: Remove ftp username prefix
I find the solution:

1. Log in your server by ssh;
2. Log to mysql, typing: mysql -u root -p;
3. Insert your mysql root password (dont know? stop this and type: sudo nano /root/passwords.txt and you see your root mysql password, start again from step 2);
4. type: use sentora_proftpd;
5. type: select * from ftpdusers; // this will list all your ftp accounts, find the id of the user will be changed.
6. type: update ftpusers set userid = 'ftp_username_here' where id = 'username_id_here';

Done! Now you can login in your ftp without 'zadmin_' prefix.
I see in the sentora panel the username continue with 'zadmin_' prefix, but is working fine.

Please be careful with this operation, this is not recommended, just change the username if you know what you are doing.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Request: FTP username@domain.tls Diablo925 7 20 ,546 11-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: TGates
how to delete Ftp username tag? robinex 1 5 ,917 10-18-2015, 05:10 AM
Last Post: TGates