This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multiple IP Addresses
RE: Multiple IP Addresses
ok so if I have 1.1.1.1 as my host ip for Sentors - domain1.com

and at my registrar and at my name servers have my 2nd domain domain2.com pointing to ip 1.1.1.2

In Centos 7 - I have bound range from 1.1.1.1 - 1.1.1.5 to my single network interface eth0

how come any traffic on port 25565 does not pass through and gets stopped dead in its tracks

But if I switch it over to domain1 it goes right through. From info on another site "Most distributions use the iptables firewall, which uses the netfilter hooks to enforce firewall rules. CentOS 7 comes with an alternative service called firewalld which fulfills this same purpose." so I check firewalld and it tells me there is no active firewall. So if no firewall no ports to open ... so whats stopping the traffic - it has to be Sentora. How do I get Sentora to recognize the 2nd ip (and third and so on) to treat it as host ips? That is my question. Since there is no firewall then firewalls have no bearing on this post.

Output of iptables rules:
[root@srv ~]# iptables -S | tee ~/firewalld_iptables_rules
-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT
[root@srv ~]# ip6tables -S | tee ~/firewalld_ip6tables_rules
-P INPUT ACCEPT
-P FORWARD ACCEPT
-P OUTPUT ACCEPT

---AND ---

[root@srv ~]# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=25565/tcp
FirewallD is not running