This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[Fresh Install] subdomain vhost issue
[Fresh Install] subdomain vhost issue
Trying to figure out an annoying issue, I have a fresh install of Debian 8 on a brand new dedicated server. Install went find using DrFeelGoods script (found here http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2027)

Everything appeared to be working fine up to vhost creation by the daemon for sub-domains.

It is creating the vhosts, but they are losing there prefix, top level domains generate vhosts fine.

ie test.knktech.com gets created like

Code:
# DOMAIN: knktech.com
<virtualhost *:80>
ServerName knktech.com
ServerAdmin admin@Knktech.com
DocumentRoot "/var/sentora/hostdata/knktech/public_html/test_knktech_com"
php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/sentora/hostdata/knktech/public_html/test_knktech_com:/var/sentora/temp/"
php_admin_value suhosin.executor.func.blacklist "passthru, show_source, shell_exec, system, pcntl_exec, popen, pclose, proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, leak, apache_child_terminate,$
ErrorLog "/var/sentora/logs/domains/knktech/knktech.com-error.log"
CustomLog "/var/sentora/logs/domains/knktech/knktech.com-access.log" combined
CustomLog "/var/sentora/logs/domains/knktech/knktech.com-bandwidth.log" common
<Directory "/var/sentora/hostdata/knktech/public_html/test_knktech_com">
 Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes
 AllowOverride All
 Require all granted
</Directory>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/css text/javascript application/javascript
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php
ErrorDocument 404 /_errorpages/404.html
ErrorDocument 403 /_errorpages/403.html
ErrorDocument 510 /_errorpages/510.html
ErrorDocument 500 /_errorpages/500.html
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.asp index.aspx index.jsp index.jspa index.shtml index.shtm
# Custom Global Settings (if any exist)

# Custom VH settings (if any exist)

</virtualhost>
# END DOMAIN: knktech.com

I have another server (that I was going to retire, this one is its replacement) Running Ubuntu Server 14.04LTS with Sentora 1.0.3 that this issue is not present on.

Any advice would be much appreciated as recreating all of the vhosts by hand, and then on a ongoing basis would be a huge pain in the ass.
Thanks given by:
RE: [Fresh Install] subdomain vhost issue
Due to you using a custom un-official OS installation I'm not sure any staff can help you out but hopefully somebody else has tried and fixed this for your installation. Good Luck and please post your fix once you resolve it Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,709 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,139 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Old issue on Daily Backup iraqiboy90 24 112 ,506 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: conglynina