This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Is there a way to repair?
Is there a way to repair?
First off I'm using centos7 with the latest ver of Sentora on a VPS. I'm relatively new to VPS and still learning how to use it. All the SSH stuff is confusing but i'm starting to get a basic handle on it. I installed Sentora about a week ago so i'm completely green. I was kind of frustrated that I didn't have sftp access as I hate using putty to edit root files like php.ini everytime I need to change a setting. So I decided to search and see if I could find a solution and found this: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=902

Being that I'm clearly a complete idiot I didn't realize it hasn't been updated in over a year and designed for a different vers of Sentora and I installed it. It didn't work, not that I should be surprised. The sftp wouldn't connect and the ftp access was disabled, cutting off all file access for me basically. In anycase I followed the directions to uninstall and well, it didn't work either. I still have access to all of Sentora, everything works except the ftp. 

My question is this: Is there anyway to restore my Sentora install without completely wiping my server and it's data. I have my website and it's database completely backed up so I could just wipe the VPS and reinstall everything from scratch. But I would like to avoid that if it is in anyway possible as it would take all damn night. Thank you.

EDIT: I figured it out, just used my root account to login, I'm so green.
Thanks given by: