This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[URGENT] phpMyAdmin does not open..
[URGENT] phpMyAdmin does not open..
i have been using sentora for 3 months now. in my current server, phpmyadmin stopped opening 4 days ago when i was trying to open so i can make changes to my website backend. in status bar when i access phpmyadmin, keeps on changing from "waiting for [domain]" then "connecting.." then "waiting for [domain]" then "connecting.." this goes forever.

I can access my panel easily and open quickly, even past days phpmyadmin was opening without delays.

I can also open other websites easily without any "waiting.. then connecting.." issue meaning my network connection is not a problem.

Now i created new droplet, then installed fresh sentora, still when i access phpmyadmin keeps the same "waiting for [domain]" then "connecting..", i haven't added sites yet, it is just a root domain meaning i haven't done any modification to the phpmyadmin, it is a first time access and shows this error.

Do you experience the same problem?, did sentora make some updates recently that installed automatically which then cause this issue..

Required ports are all open according to sentoral installation guide.. so ports aren't the issue.

My site is dynamic, means it queries dynamic data from database and when i load the site, site load without problem means site connects to database well and data are fetched as normal, but why accessing phpmyadmin is an issue....

Any help will be appreciated guys.
Thank you so much.

[UPDATES]
After going to ./etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/phpmyadmin/ChangeLog
i and after opening ChangeLog i found the latest update having the following..

Code:
phpMyAdmin - ChangeLog
======================

4.6.4 (2016-08-16)
- issue        [security] Weaknesses with cookie encryption, see PMASA-2016-29
- issue        [security] Improve session cookie code for openid.php and signon.php example files
- issue        [security] Full path disclosure in openid.php and signon.php example files
- issue        [security] Multiple XSS vulnerabilities, see PMASA-2016-30
- issue        [security] Multiple XSS vulnerabilities, see PMASA-2016-31
- issue        [security] Unsafe generation of BlowfishSecret (when not supplied by the user)
- issue        [security] Referrer leak when phpinfo is enabled
- issue        [security] PHP code injection, see PMASA-2016-32
- issue        [security] Full path disclosure, see PMASA-2016-33
- issue        [security] SQL injection attack, see PMASA-2016-34
- issue        [security] Local file exposure through LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE, see PMASA-2016-35
- issue        [security] Local file exposure through symlinks with UploadDir, see PMASA-2016-36
- issue        [security] Path traversal with SaveDir and UploadDir, see PMASA-2016-37
- issue        [security] Multiple XSS vulnerabilities, see PMASA-2016-38
- issue        [security] SQL injection vulnerability as control user, see PMASA-2016-39
- issue        [security] SQL injection vulnerability, see PMASA-2016-40
- issue        [security] Denial-of-service attack through transformation feature, see PMASA-2016-41
- issue        [security] SQL injection vulnerability as control user, see PMASA-2016-42
- issue        [security] Verify data before unserializing, see PMASA-2016-43
- issue        [security] Use HTTPS for wiki links
- issue        Remove Swekey support
- issue        [security] SSRF in setup script, see PMASA-2016-44
- issue        [security] Denial-of-service attack with $cfg['AllowArbitraryServer'] = true and persistent connections, see PMASA-2016-45
- issue        [security] Improve SSL certificate handling
- issue        [security] Fix full path disclosure in debugging code
- issue        [security] Possible circumvention of IP-based allow/deny rules with IPv6 and proxy server, see PMASA-2016-47
- issue        [security] Detect if user is logged in, see PMASA-2016-48
- issue        [security] Bypass URL redirection protection, see PMASA-2016-49
- issue        [security] Referrer leak, see PMASA-2016-50
- issue        [security] Reflected File Download, see PMASA-2016-51
- issue        [security] ArbitraryServerRegexp bypass, see PMASA-2016-52
- issue        [security] Denial-of-service attack by entering long password, see PMASA-2016-53
- issue        [security] Remote code execution vulnerability when running as CGI, see PMASA-2016-054
- issue        [security] Administrators could trigger SQL injection attack against users
- issue        [security] Denial-of-service attack when PHP uses dbase extension, see PMASA-2016-55
- issue        [security] Remove tode execution vulnerability when PHP uses dbase extension, see PMASA-2016-56
- issue        [security] Denial-of-service attack by using for loops, see PMASA-2016-46
- issue        Include X-Robots-Tag header in responses
- issue        Enforce numeric field length when creating table
- issue        Fixed invalid Content-Length in some HTTP responses
- issue #12394 Create view should require a view name
- issue Get TLS/SSL for Sentora Mail Message with 'Change password successfully' displayed, but does not take effect
- issue        Tighten control on PHP sessions and session cookies
- issue #12409 Re-enable overhead on server databases view
- issue #12414 Fixed rendering of Original theme
- issue #12413 Fixed deleting users in non English locales
- issue #12416 Fixed replication status output in Databases listing
- issue #12303 Avoid typecasting to float when not needed
- issue #12425 Duplicate message variable names in messages.inc.php
- issue #12399 Adding index to table shows wrong top navigation
- issue #12424 Fixed password change on MariaDB without auth plugin
- issue #12339 Do not error on unset server port
- issue #12422 Improvements to the original theme
- issue Critical Error: [0100] - Unable to connect or authenticate to the Sentora database Do not try to load old transformation plugins
- issue #12423 Fixed replication status in database listing
- issue #12433 Copy table with prefix does not copy the indexes
- issue #12375 Search in database: Window content is not scrolling down when clicking first time on Browse link
- issue #12346 SQL Editor textareas can have their size increased from the top, distorting the page view

4.6.3 (2016-06-23) ...

I am just wondering maybe these fixes are causing sentora access to phpMyAdmin impossible.. any suggestion guys..
as it shows above, i think latest update was on 2016-08-16
Thanks given by:
RE: [URGENT] phpMyAdmin does not open..
Your profile says Ubuntu 10.04, which version of PHP and Apache do you have installed? The latest versions of phpMyAdmin require newer versions of PHP and Apache, as well as MySQL.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2016, 03:44 AM)TGates Wrote: Your profile says Ubuntu 10.04, which version of PHP and Apache do you have installed? The latest versions of phpMyAdmin require newer versions of PHP and Apache, as well as MySQL.

i have installed in a fresh ubuntu 14.04 os, it is a fresh install of sentora and i haven't done anything yet but phpMyAdmin doesn't open..
Thanks given by:
Huh
Check your log files, post some links to your panel login/phpmyadmin so we can check it out.

Can't help too much with just 'phpmyadmin doesn't open' Angel
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[split] Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 ogika 2 4 ,276 09-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Upgrading phpmyadmin testing 0 2 ,097 07-04-2020, 05:26 AM
Last Post: testing
Security issue urgent johnnyp 7 12 ,842 02-27-2020, 06:19 PM
Last Post: johnnyp