This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FTP connections problems in LAN
FTP connections problems in LAN
Hello, I am using Filezilla as a FTP client to connect me to my website, the problem is that I can only use the Client in my server (Yes, I have the client and the ftp server in the same computer). The problem is that when I try to connect me using other computer in my LAN, it doesn't work. I am not sure if this is a problem of the CentOS 7 firewall or something related with Sentora. I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
RE: FTP connections problems in LAN
Centos 7 Firewalld is disabled by default you can check it's status. But explain me how do you have the client on same machine as server? Both on centos 7 or do you mean you have a VM?

Check your internal network settings if it's a VM.

You can also check if proftpd is running.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I installed CentOS 7 in a laptop, and then I install a desktop environment . I installed Sentora (and with it the FTP Server), and then I installed Filezilla. So I have the client and the server in the same machine. I did it just to see if it worked, because when I wanted to access using filezilla from another computer in my LAN, was not possible. SSH works correctly in my LAN, but for a strange reason, FTP doesn't. I think I could say that only works in my localhost
Thanks given by:
if should work BUT we never test sentora on desktop distribution mainly on minimal os installs.

Also likely check your firewall settings.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I also remember that something happens to the stack if you install the GUI. Something gets removed/disabled that the web stack relies on. Maybe it was only Ubuntu? It messes with the networking or something, I can't remember offhand.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
If you need some GUI for a server you can use webmin instead of installing the whole desktop that don't offer no gui for server admin.

You can have a great file manager in terminal just install Midnight commander (MC)
Yum install mc
apt-get install mc
How to ask

Thanks given by:
mmm, well, I don't need a GUI for my server. I just installed the desktop environment to see if ftp worked there, but I can uninstall it. How can I configure the firewall of my CentOS 7 Server so that I can access to it using FTP from one computer in my LAN?
Thanks given by:
Just use the servers internal IP.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Firewall in centos 7 is disabled by default unless you restart iptables or FirewallD.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by: