This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Connecting to a domain
Connecting to a domain
Am pretty new to tech,so bear with me. I installed sentora on aws Ubuntu ec2 instance. Created a domain using sentora , then installed Worpdress on that domain. Now my question is,how do I connect to the Domain and access the wordpress files using FTP. Using filezilla to connect, but I end up on Ubuntu folder on the server.. Can someone guide how to access the WP files on that domain, using Filezilla ?
Thanks given by:
RE: Connecting to a domain
When you create the FTP account using the built-in FTP Accounts module, you enter the Username, Password and set access type to Full Access then select 'Use Domain Directory' and select the domain's folder.

rudyd Wrote:but I end up on Ubuntu folder on the server

I have no idea how you got to this folder if you used the FTP Accounts module. It is impossible. Did you create the FTP account through SSH or through the Panel?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(06-25-2016, 01:40 AM)TGates Wrote: When you create the FTP account using the built-in FTP Accounts module, you enter the Username, Password and set access type to Full Access then select 'Use Domain Directory' and select the domain's folder.

rudyd Wrote:but I end up on Ubuntu folder on the server

I have no idea how you got to this folder if you used the FTP Accounts module. It is impossible. Did you create the FTP account through SSH or through the Panel?

TGates, Thanks for the reply. I created the FTP account using the built in accounts module, set access to full access and have selected 'Use Domain Directory' and have selected the domains folder. When I try connecting via Filezilla, using the same user name and password, the connection times out. Can someone guide me , also is there any settings I need to change on aws EC2 instance ?
Thanks given by:
Hey, Thanks, managed to connect to the domain directory. It was a problem with the inbound rules in AWS.
Thanks once again for the response.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Problem of connecting to ftp vladaniel 2 8 ,049 03-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Me.B
trouble connecting to ftp systemflow 2 7 ,588 12-16-2016, 05:26 AM
Last Post: TGates
Request: FTP username@domain.tls Diablo925 7 20 ,548 11-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: TGates