This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to Sentastico Packages update?
How to Sentastico Packages update?
Here is a simple updated to the Sentastico old version, etc.. Wordpress package, osTicket package, .. and mor
 Navigate to /etc/sentora/panel/modules/sentastico/packages upload source 
In same folder, open packages.xml to change version

but Sentastico new version don't have packages.xml In same folder and packages older verson
How to update Packages in sentastico, as wordpress, and more?
Thanks given by:
RE: How to Sentastico Packages update?
TGates is the expert here
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(06-16-2016, 03:04 AM)lycuc Wrote: Here is a simple updated to the Sentastico old version, etc.. Wordpress package, osTicket package, .. and mor

but Sentastico new version don't have packages.xml In same folder and packages older verson

Yes, the new version is totally different from previous versions. It now uses a central repository for the packages instead of having them all included in the module, to save install time and package size. Sentastico it's self is easy to maintain but to keep the packages up to date is a bit more difficult. And for the amount of installs (well over 200,000 since i took over its development, zpanel included) versus donations to maintain it, to be honest has been $0. I do try my best to keep the packages updated. I'll try and get the latest version of WP on the repo. On that note, I am still building a repo so that community members can log in and upload updated or new packages.
Out of all the 3rd party modules available, this one requires a lot of updating and work on a regular basis to try and keep the packages up to date.
If you would like to help out with adding updated or new packages, we can chat about that also Wink
Thank you for your understanding.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(06-16-2016, 05:05 PM)TGates Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 03:04 AM)lycuc Wrote: Here is a simple updated to the Sentastico old version, etc.. Wordpress package, osTicket package, .. and mor

Yes, the new version is totally different from previous versions. It now uses a central repository for the packages instead of having them all included in the module, to save install time and package size. Sentastico it's self is easy to maintain but to keep the packages up to date is a bit more difficult. And for the amount of installs (well over 200,000 since i took over its development, zpanel included) versus donations to maintain it, to be honest has been $0. I do try my best to keep the packages updated. I'll try and get the latest version of WP on the repo. On that note, I am still building a repo so that community members can log in and upload updated or new packages.
Out of all the 3rd party modules available, this one requires a lot of updating and work on a regular basis to try and keep the packages up to date.
If you would like to help out with adding updated or new packages, we can chat about that also Wink
Thank you for your understanding.

even if i'm new to this I used a few packages for my websites mainly joomla and prestashop, so i keep myself updated on those very often, let me know how I can help.
Thanks given by:
As I mentioned, I am working on a user interface that community members can add or update the current packages. For now, you can just post to me and I will update the most common packages. WordPress is now updated. Later on in will make a post on how to make the packages so I can just verify them and upload until the interface is made.

Thanks given by:
(06-16-2016, 03:04 AM)lycuc Wrote: Here is a simple updated to the Sentastico old version, etc.. Wordpress package, osTicket package, .. and mor
Navigate to /etc/sentora/panel/modules/sentastico/packages upload source
In same folder, open packages.xml to change version

but Sentastico new version don't have packages.xml In same folder and packages older verson

Sentastico downloaded packages from one url address, and get packages list from this url address.
I just download new packages from their sites and catched into my url address.
Thanks given by:
This method no longer works! It is all done internally now. What package do you need updated or added?

Thanks given by:
(09-13-2016, 09:45 PM)TGates Wrote: This method no longer works! It is all done internally now. What package do you need updated or added?

Just curious, is this still in the works? I would like to get the WordPress package updated. I know it'll auto-update after installation but it'd be nice to update the one on my server. Not a huge deal, but thought I should check if there was a method.
Thanks given by:
(03-17-2018, 05:38 AM)dsmarter Wrote: Just curious, is this still in the works? I would like to get the WordPress package updated. I know it'll auto-update after installation but it'd be nice to update the one on my server. Not a huge deal, but thought I should check if there was a method.

I will check the current release and it's dependencies (php/mysql version required) and update it if possible.
I will try to get this done over the weekend.

I have checked the requirements. The current release of WordPress will not run on ANY Sentora install. It requires php 7.2

Thanks given by:
RE: How to Add and Update Sentastico Packages?
Hi, im new to Sentora and Sentastico which I have already installed and running, however my issue is adding packages I can't find instructions either under documentation or the web at all. Can you please point me?   Thanks
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentastico white screen zustudios 3 7 ,937 01-27-2020, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Jettaman
Modules REPO Update needed wormsunited 5 12 ,571 08-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentastico "add" button does nothing Saveriott12 10 25 ,543 03-02-2018, 05:50 AM
Last Post: TGates