This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora Updater
RE: Sentora Updater
For some reason I feel this is more complicated than it should be... the entire process that is.

Why can't there be a base/main installer/updater... pretty much will never change. Then, you have a DB updater file, file updater file, and config updater file... seems pretty straight forward to me.

For my Windows ZP to Sentora update package all i did was make a file package, the user uploads it to /panel/ folder, navigates to panel.domain.com/update/ and simply clicks 'Upgrade!' The DB is patched, the configs patched... pretty simple. If people are using custom installs to bad! I never finished it 100% like changing the core DB name or folder name from zpanel to sentora... oh well Tongue

For one of my other projects, its a 1-click update.
  1. New version gets downloaded to hosting space.
  2. Backups are made of entire site and DB. (For Sentora we would skip hostdata/logs/junk like that I would think..?)
  3. Files are extracted into panel folder (skipping any configs).
  4. Updater script is read and DB gets patched as needed.
  5. Update files and deprecated files are deleted.
And the upgrade from ZP > Sen should be it's own entity! Just do the conversion from ZP 10.1.1 > Sentora 1.0.0 and run the normal upgrade scripts from there! I made the basic Windows patch in less than a week, I'm pretty sure you lynux guru's can sort a bash script the same way Big Grin

I probably could make one in PHP in 2-3 weeks based off my Windows converter Confused

Kick it around, we have lost thousands of ZPanel users by not getting the conversion patch done!

If 90% of it can be done using php, then use it Wink

That's my 25 cents worth Wink
Think it over.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Sentora Updater - by Me.B - 04-15-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: Sentora Updater - by TGates - 04-15-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Sentora Updater - by 5050 - 04-16-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Sentora Updater - by TGates - 04-22-2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Sentora Updater - by Me.B - 04-25-2016, 03:10 AM
RE: Sentora Updater - by TGates - 05-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,910 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,525 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus
Sentora Feedback and Ideas Xversion 10 29 ,209 10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TGates