This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello Peoples
Hello Peoples
Hello good people of Sentora Forums. I am having a bit of trouble. I followed all directions in the sentora documentation, set options to use custom DNS name servers on my host namecheap.com. It is now saying I have no host names, but, I do! They are there. I'm at a stand still. Any help please would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.intodns.com/seekanet.com

Edit: I should mention port 80 (For web), 21 and 22 (For FTP), and 53 are open (For DNS general). Also can't reach ftp.seekanet.com. My guess is because the TLD can't even dns properly.
Thanks given by:
RE: Hello Peoples
Bump ?
Thanks given by:
did you create ns1 / ns glue records at registery and same in your own dns zone?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2016, 09:51 PM)Me.B Wrote: did you create ns1 / ns glue records at registery and same in your own dns zone?

M B

Yes M B, I have ns1 and ns2.seekanet.com for A records, as well as NS records I have @ and pointed to ns1 and ns2. Also with my domain register, I have custom dns setup for ns1 and ns2.seekanet.com. All ports are open.

Edit: M B ---

$TTL 10800
@ IN SOA ns1.seekanet.com.    postmaster.seekanet.com. (
    2016032301  ;serial
    21600       ;refresh after 6 hours
    3600        ;retry after 1 hour
    86400       ;expire after 1 week
    86400 )     ;minimum TTL of 1 day
; name servers
seekanet.com.            IN    NS   ns1.seekanet.com.
seekanet.com.            IN    NS   ns2.seekanet.com.
@    3600        IN    A    209.148.85.228
mail    86400    IN    A    209.148.85.228
ns1    86400     IN    A    209.148.85.228
ns2    86400     IN    A    209.148.85.229
www    3600      IN    CNAME   @
ftp    3600      IN    CNAME   @
@    86400       IN    MX    10  mail.seekanet.com.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know or can anyone help? Is the forum 'dead' ?
Thanks given by:
I see you reverted to registrar.

That works but ensure that bind is running and respond correctly to setup.

In you registrar you needed to create a GLUE RECORD not configure your dns there.

Still again you can use either sentora dns or cloudflare.com or your registrar. It's fine.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-24-2016, 07:57 PM)Me.B Wrote: I see you reverted to registrar.

That works but ensure that bind is running and respond correctly to setup.

In you registrar you needed to create a GLUE RECORD not configure your dns there.

Still again you can use either sentora dns or cloudflare.com or your registrar. It's fine.

M B

This is the conversation or answer, she responded with. Namecheap Customer Rep

Maria Dyakonova:As I can see the following glue records are created in your account: ns1.seekanet.com || 209.148.85.228 ns2.seekanet.com || 209.148.85.229
06:18Maria Dyakonova:The domain name is pointed to these nameservers correctly from our side
06:19Maria Dyakonova:However, it is also required to create the corresponding A records on the side of your Hosting
06:19Maria Dyakonova:So you need to point ns1 to 209.148.85.228 and ns2 to 209.148.85.229

06:19Maria Dyakonova:I cannot dig these records from my side and thus, the nameservers are not working properly

- Further, I can't get into sentora even (bind is running), to add anything. When I was doing the installation/setup, it did warn me that my subdomain wasn't active, only after did I add the sub domain.

Thank you MB
Thanks given by:
I should let you know I reinstalled OS with Sentora on it because I thought Sentora was acting up. I still do because everything is created with namecheap, and I should note I use custom DNS with namecheap pointed to my name servers

They are saying I need to create 'A' records on my end, but Sentora wouldnt like me manually making a zone file and all that jazz. Would it? Wouldnt it mess the UI up?
Thanks given by:
Again please try to read the docs over DNS:

1. Either you use namecheap for DNS or cloudflare or external dns and THAT will WORK FINE with domains you setup on sentora.

2. You want to setup dns on setup. Than you create glue record on registrar, set the domain dns and create the A records in sentora and ensure bind is resolving ( check using dig at your own domain ).

I Don't think you have issues creating the A record for ns1 / ns2 pointing to server ip in sentora?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I am choosing option 2 yes. but the issue I am facing is that I can't even get into sentora. I made personal name servers on namecheap, pointing to my machine sentora is on, but if sentora doesnt work, how could I create anything? I followed the doc guide. I wouldnt be here asking for help if it wasnt so Smile
Thanks given by: