This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Error when copying to subdirectories
Error when copying to subdirectories
Hi

I have a user who can see the contents of all his folders via ftp but can only copy across to the top level. When he tries to move files to a subfolder the error is
550 permission denied
critical file transfer error

I have looked at 2 other users on my system (different domains) who can copy to all their sub-folders.

I've looked in sentora_core&table=x_ftpaccounts and sentora_proftpd&table=ftpuser but cannot see any differences to the settings between the 3 users

Is there anywhere else that I should be looking?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Error when copying to subdirectories
Login through SSH and make sure the user's file and folder permissions are owned by www-data:www-data and 755
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Directory listing filezilla error olubee 10 34 ,662 08-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: james415
Error 550 Permission denied ccodesido 2 10 ,215 08-08-2015, 01:56 AM
Last Post: matheusmelo
I got error message when I create ftp account. akong 1 6 ,455 04-04-2015, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Me.B