This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New Sentora Install is downloading the panel php file instead of showing Login
New Sentora Install is downloading the panel php file instead of showing Login
Hello! First I want to offer thanks in advance for any help provided.

Here is the story.

I wanted to go from Zpanel to the latest version of Sentora on my CentOS 6.7 VPS

I uninstalled httpd, mysql and its dependencies, proftpd, bind, etc via yum, then ran the installer for Sentora.

Everything seems to have gone fine, insomuch that Sentora installed and all services start up just fine.

The problem is that when I go to the IP address or the subdomain set for the Sentora panel the browser downloads a file called "download" that is just a copy of the index.php located in /etc/sentora/panel/. In fact, its doing it for the TLD as well.

I'm assuming something somewhere is pointing in the wrong direction, and I am poking around to see what it could be.

In the mean time I was hoping to reach out for an assist here. I searched around, and found someone with a similar issue here (http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1797) but their fix did not solve the issue in this case.

EDIT: May not have uninstalled all services put in place by zpanel before installing sentora, so cleaning out EVERYTHING I can from both then installing Sentora again. Will keep this tread updated Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: New Sentora Install is downloading the panel php file instead of showing Login
UPDATE: Well fixed this particular issue with a total uninstall and reinstall of everything (turns out PHP wasn't uninstalled in the initial zpanel removal, which I think caused the problem).

Now I have a NEW issue, lol. Now when I go to the panel subdomain, I get a 500 error. But it's a step closer! So I'm off to troubleshoot that. Since the OP issue is resolved right now, Imma go ahead and mark it as such if I can.
Thanks given by:
RE: New Sentora Install is downloading the panel php file instead of showing Login
Backups your data/files and then reinstall the VPS and sentora.

It will never upgrade that way. We didn't test that butched method and don't have a clue over the errors you come by as you don't even provide any log error. Check apache logs but as I said previously 90% it's a dead end.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,070 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,919 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,187 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp