This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Zdaemon uses a lot of resources
Zdaemon uses a lot of resources
Hi,

I'm running a Sentora installation on Amazon EC2 with Ubuntu 14.04. It hosts around 90 sites of various types; wordpress, concrete5 etc.

I've noticed the daemon fires every five minutes which seemed rather excessive. That was easy to change to every 15 via the cron entry in /etc/cron.d

But the main problem is the daemon uses a lot of disk IO every time it runs. Sometimes sitting the system at a 99% IO wait for seconds at a time. This goes on for a few minutes at a time before the daemon finishes its tasks.

I'm wondering if this can be tamed down a bit. What is it doing with the disk? If it's non essential stuff, are there any ways to disable certain parts of it from running?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
RE: Zdaemon uses a lot of resources
Maybe by disable the webalizer module. This is a bit of a resource eater.
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-20-2016, 05:24 PM)bbspike Wrote: Maybe by disable the webalizer module. This is a bit of a resource eater.

Hi bbspike. I should have mentioned I don't have the webalizer module running, as I found it was pretty resource hungry too.

I noticed from the logs it does this:

Code:
START Calculating disk Usage for all client accounts..

Given I have a lot of domains on this server could that take some time to do?
Thanks given by:
you can run daemon manually and see where it stops mostly.

use php /etc/zpanel/panel/bin/daemon.php

Best if you add log rotator here or clean up logs too.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Saving Server Resources testing 2 6 ,227 10-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Resources per domain andream 3 10 ,119 01-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Me.B