This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

shadowing bug, lost admin menu
shadowing bug, lost admin menu
Hi,

Can someone reproduce and confir this ?
Yesterday I've shadowed a user from my zadmin administrator account and then I've logged out without ending the shadowing. today from a different PC in another location when I logged back in to zadmin account the account's template was that of a normal user that I've shadowed,  
  • there are no links to administrative modules 
  • there is no red bar to end shadowing
  • there are no domains and accounts listed of that user under eg. "domain > domains" that tells me that it pulls info for Zadmin indeed but in wrong template
  • when the 3 vertical buttons are pressed the drop down menu shows me info for the last shadowed user as like i'm still logged in as that user.
  • If i go directly to the admin modules URL like it will open, so I guess the login is really recognized as admins and on that page the menu will pop up all the links back but depending from module to module will or will not pull the correct data for zadmin (client manager pulls data for a normal user while shadowing module pulls data for zadmin)

I won't have access to the original PC that I shadowed in the first place so I still cannot confirm if I will be able to break out of this and that it is a bug sessions/cookies.

Does someone know the URL for ending shadowing session so I try to end it manually ?

Thanks,
Vedran
Thanks given by:
RE: shadowing bug, lost admin menu
Managed to make things even worse:

I've just deleted the contents of this folder:

/etc/sentora/panel/etc/tmp/storage/Sentora_Default

hoping to clear cache but now I've got a broken installation, after panels login screen when logging in only a blank page shows up.

Any idea ?
Thanks given by:
did you try to remove the panel cookies in your browser or changing the browser?

Also try restart apache to reset php cache.

And last advice don't mess up with files you don't know or tested before.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hi Me.B,

Before I've breaked it I've tried restarting apache and different browsers, even different PC's but to no avail.

I've deleted the caches as I've found their calls in templateparser.class.php and I'm supposing the bug is in templating system, I was wrong. I'm trying to understand how to recreate .cache files now. 

Do you have any idea about it? could I just copy paste them from another installation ? can you PM me yours ?

Thanks MeB
Thanks given by:
Never got such bug. Not sure how you ended there.

1. Did you install any new module?

2. Did you clear php session folder?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(01-15-2016, 12:00 AM)Me.B Wrote: Never got such bug. Not sure how you ended there.

1. Did you install any new module?

2. Did you clear php session folder?

M B

it all started with shadowing and wrong data parsed when logging in as Zadmin

Absolutely didn't add ever any additional module, 

I've cleared 

/tmp
/var/tmp
/var/sentora/sessions
/var/sentora/temp
/var/lib/php/session

and unfortunately:

/etc/sentora/panel/etc/tmp/storage/Sentora_Default

PHP logs don't give any errors, it's just a blank page.
Thanks given by:
no error blank page ==> template engine have issues...

Did you change defaults?

drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Dec 25 13:33 Sentora_Default/
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(01-15-2016, 12:58 AM)Me.B Wrote: no error blank page ==> template engine have issues...

Did you change defaults?

drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Dec 25 13:33 Sentora_Default/

Solved !
I didn't chown or chmod anything there but I think the root of all my problems in last few posts is the fact that I've upgraded from zpanel to sentora using the upgrade script. malfunctioning email modules, broken installation right after update (i followed another post here for manually restoring missing tables in the DB), public phpsysinfo ... 

I've replaced all files with current github release and the panel is back now !

While scanning the logs now I've noticed that the panel's daemon isn't working properly either it's trying to access some nonexisting table, the cache tables are missing too....

So I think I'll just backup everything and make a clean new install of the system before picking around any more.

Thanks for the help Me.b,

p.s. where can I follow/contribute to the upcoming sentora 2 ?
Thanks given by:
you can contribute here in forums de section and in github.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
lost all modules spoonman 4 7 ,467 01-31-2021, 01:25 AM
Last Post: spoonman
[split] Can I desintall the sentora left menu? nibaldo 2 6 ,090 12-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Last Post: worksmarter
how to create second admin itzik 4 9 ,472 02-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Last Post: itzik