This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

RAM use en Centos 7 and Centos 6
RAM use en Centos 7 and Centos 6
I see one big difference when run Sentora over same VPS with differentes OS of Centos ( 6 and 7 )

The Result of free -m in Centos 6 64 Bits it´s this :

[root@xxxxxx ~]# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 996 219 777 0 17 79
-/+ buffers/cache: 122 873
Swap: 1983 0 1983

===========================================

The Result of free -m in Centos 7 64 Bits it´s this :

[root@xxxxxx ~]# free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 993 326 114 49 553 458
Swap: 3135 6 3129

===========================================

I don´t know if this it´s normal or no , the case or my question it´s about if normal in the case of Centos 6 , have more of 700 mb free of RAM and in te case of Centos 7 have 114 mb free and the rest in buff/cache

I don´t understand this , also i try in other Centos versions of 32 bits and always happend in Centos 7 , i´m new in Centos 7 always or during many time use Centos 6 and i don´t know repit if it´s normal or this change in new version of Centos

VPS running with Wmare in Aruba Cloud VPS , with 1 gb RAM , 1 Core , and 20 Gb of Space

This it´s my question , thank´s Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: RAM use en Centos 7 and Centos 6
Memory in buff/cache is automatically freed and made available to processes (as 'normal' memory) as it's needed.

It seems CentOS 7 has come up with a use for free memory, most likely as disk cache which should speed up your system.
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,655 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,780 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,154 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather