This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSL Issues
SSL Issues
I've searched the forums.. I've followed the guides, yet I can't get this stuff out and get it to work. 

So the goal is to eventually allow clients to login and implement their own SSL certificates. Wanted to use Diablo925's module "Certificate Manager". That installs just fine, however, I just can't get SSL to work. I've tried following the guide in the documentation and keep running into problems and not sure where I'm going wrong. 

Let me explain the setup first before I explain the problem(s). 

The setup is in a virtual environment. Using VMWare to virtualize Ubuntu 14.04. VMWare is running on Windows Server 2012. I use DNS in WS2012 to simulate a domain and subdomain as I would in a production environment. So I have senssl.ts1 as my parent domain. The subdomain is cp.senssl.ts1 and that's where Sentora is accessible from. 

I (did my best and) followed the guide that Diablo925 left on their thread to get everything working. However, Sentora quits responding on port 80 or the http:// protocol. If I try to access with port 443 or the https:// protocol, Google Chrome just simply tells me "Connection Refused". 

I followed the guide in the documentation and simply run into the same errors. 

I'm trying to use a self signed certificate for now. The goal is, once I figure this out and get it working properly, is to purchase an SSL certificate for my actual website, then use a free SSL certificate for my control panel. 

But.. I can't figure this out. I've scoured the forums and nothing seems to work. I've changed things in the config files, then eventually nothing works at all. So I end up reverting back to my clean snapshot. The clean snapshot is Ubuntu and Sentora just being installed with the zadmin password being changed through the terminal. 

Making this post is pretty much my last resort. I'm one of those guys that will smash their head into a wall a hundred times before I reach out for help. Maybe that's why I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated as I'm still learning linux and web hosting. I'm competent enough to navigate Ubuntu and bring up config files, so if you need them just ask. You might have to provide the directory's though on where they're located.
Thanks given by:
RE: SSL Issues
1. Are you sure port 443 is nto firewalled?

2. could you list the exact steps you made to enable SSL?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! aaronlroberts 9 19 ,843 11-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: siulian
Disk Quota Issues JSmith 5 12 ,920 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
Last Post: nibaldo
Uninstalled but have cron daemon issues now HELP suprastan 1 4 ,841 10-07-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: TGates