This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Please halp!!!
Please halp!!!
Hello!

This is my first server experience and I'm loosing my mind (faster than re-reading Cisco books on Cisco CLI). I'm on the first install and it is asking me to put in a subdomain, however (respectfully) I don't understand what the information doctrine (located here) means that I have to define a DNS!

Essentially here's my story:

I want to host TWO separate websites with multiple subdomains each like what I am currently doing with my 1&1 subscription, however I want to save some money and host the 'sites locally. I also have a passion for technology and tinkering, so it helps being able to caress my server when I want to. I still want to have the website domain hosted at the registrar, but the data and actual website, hosted locally. What should I put in for the sub-domain and the IP?!? I'm sorry for being so stupid. 

Also: in the case you need it here is some version information:
  • CentOS 7 (updated) (as guest)
  • Latest download from sentora.com/install
  • VMware ESXi v6.0.0 on a Dell Power Edge R710 Server (as host)
Thanks given by:
RE: Please halp!!!
What registrar are you using?
A Sentora Community Member,
DireDoesGames

If I've helped anyone please give thanks and rep! 
Thanks given by: jstacklin
(12-25-2015, 04:20 AM)DireDoesGames Wrote: What registrar are you using?

1&1, as I pointed out above
Thanks given by:
Okay, have you created the records required in your DNS on 1&1?

Want to contact over email?
A Sentora Community Member,
DireDoesGames

If I've helped anyone please give thanks and rep! 
Thanks given by: jstacklin