This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cronjob not working in Sentora 1.0.3 (Ubuntu 14.04)
Cronjob not working in Sentora 1.0.3 (Ubuntu 14.04)
Hi,

My name is Emil! I am having a problem with my Sentora installation on my Ubuntu 14.04 VPS. I am not able to run cronjob by using the "Cron Manager". The directory is correct and Sentora do accept the script, however nothing happens, it does not run the script every minute (or ever). 

[Image: 2iifx9g.jpg]
I have tried following this guide: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=91 however, I am not sure how to proceed or what to do. 

Any help would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
RE: Cronjob not working in Sentora 1.0.3 (Ubuntu 14.04)
If your daemon is running every 5 mins, chances are good the job is being run. You should take a look at the logs and the domain's error log to see if any errors are popping up. It may be running the task, but not completing it due to an error. (Short tags, misconfigured path or failed DB connection, etc.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2015, 08:45 AM)TGates Wrote: If your daemon is running every 5 mins, chances are good the job is being run. You should take a look at the logs and the domain's error log to see if any errors are popping up. It may be running the task, but not completing it due to an error. (Short tags, misconfigured path or failed DB connection, etc.)

Thanks for your quick answer! I have checked the deamon and it runs every 5 minute. I have checked the script for errors, and it is working just fine. 

I'm not sure how to check every log, or which I should check, but I have looked in /var/sentora/logs/sentora.log, sentora-errors.log and sentora-access.log and none of them are indicating some kind of error. 

Any ideas? I am kind of a newbie to this command-line thing, yet!

EDIT: I found this command 
Code:
grep CRON /var/log/syslog

on your docs, to read the cronlog. And I found something interesting! It does indeed run the cronjob every minute.
[Image: 29xfz2d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The logs you are looking for are here:
/var/sentora/logs/domains/[domain]/domain.com-error.log
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,049 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,184 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,615 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM