This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Suddenly No Mysql
Suddenly No Mysql
Hi.

I am newbie, please help. Yesterday it was working fine. now mysql is stopped suddenly? i checked typing mysql to console. its shows me this eroor
Quote:ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

When i tried to restart mysqld it shows me

Quote:-bash: /etc/init.d/mysqld: No such file or directory

I am worried what to do. dont have backups. still downloading msyql db files from ftp. But why this happend and what is the best solution? my all 22 domains are down and unable to connect db. Please help.
Thanks given by:
RE: Suddenly No Mysql
(11-29-2015, 09:52 PM)damanmokha Wrote: Hi.

I am newbie, please help. Yesterday it was working fine. now mysql is stopped suddenly? i checked typing mysql to console. its shows me this eroor
Quote:ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

When i tried to restart mysqld it shows me

I am worried what to do. dont have backups. still downloading msyql db files from ftp. But why this happend and what is the best  solution? my all 22 domains are down and unable to connect db. Please help.
Hi! Check if your /var directory is full via ssh . I had the some problem 2 days ago.
cd  / and after type df -h
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2015, 10:06 PM)andreapuglisi95 Wrote: Hi! Check if your /var directory is full via ssh . I had the some problem 2 days ago.

This is the result. after this : df-h

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs      500G   30G  471G   6% /
devtmpfs        1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev
tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           1.0G   98M  927M  10% /run
tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2015, 10:26 PM)damanmokha Wrote:
(11-29-2015, 10:06 PM)andreapuglisi95 Wrote: Hi! Check if your /var directory is full via ssh . I had the some problem 2 days ago.

This is the result. after this : df-h

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs      500G   30G  471G   6% /
devtmpfs        1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev
tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           1.0G   98M  927M  10% /run
tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup

Uhmm it seems to be ok. Have you tried to restart mysqld with this code, service mysqld restart ? And try a reboot of the server if you can.
Thanks given by:
yes i tried already before posting this thread it shows

as mentioned in the first. i tried to install also. it is letting me do. but i didn't proceed the install of mysql guessing it may conflict with something.
Thanks given by:
You can try also sudo chmod -R 755 /var/lib/mysql/ and sudo service mysqld restart
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2015, 11:43 PM)andreapuglisi95 Wrote: You can try also sudo chmod -R 755 /var/lib/mysql/ and  sudo  service mysqld restart

This is the error after 2nd command

Failed to issue method call: Unit mysqld.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

and i looked up here /etc/init.d/ via ssh there is no file named mysqld it has only 4 other files.
Thanks given by:
Uhmmmmm, an additional method for getting it back up again is try to move mysql.sock:

mv /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.bak

service mysqld start
Restarting the service creates a new entry called mysql.sock
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2015, 11:53 PM)andreapuglisi95 Wrote: Uhmmmmm, an additional method for getting it back up again is try to move mysql.sock:

mv /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock.bak

service mysqld start
Restarting the service creates a new entry called mysql.sock

Same thing after those commands. I dont have mysql.sock.bak in that dir. and  mysql.sock is 0 byte i downloaded all db's form same folder and that mysql.sock file is always failed downloading.
Thanks given by:
Mmm.. Do you upgraded your mysql via unofficial method ? Or it's the sentora's original?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,938 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,681 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator
MySQL remote access... pixelbat 11 38 ,111 05-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: upendra.sahu1990@gmail.com