This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora panel on specific sub domain
Sentora panel on specific sub domain
Hi, I have my sentora panel running on a small VPS. I have all dns zones for my domain (Let's say mydomain.com) pointed to my VPS using a wildcard A record. I would like to dedicate a certain subdomain, like cp.mydomain.com, for sentora only and have all other domains, like 123.mydomain.com point somewhere else.

When using a wildcard A record, all domains not specified in the vhosts config are by default pointed to the sentora panel. I would like to change this and have only cp.mydomain.com point to the panel and have all other domains point to a specific directory containing something like a 404 page.

Thanks ahead of time,
Alex Sobiek
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora panel on specific sub domain
When you installed the panel the installer asked you what you wanted the panel sub domain to be (cp.domain.com, etc.)
This sets up everything else around the panel sub domain.
If you want to use other domains/sub domains you would add them in your domain registrar and ALSO in the domain/sub domain managers inside the panel and make the same entries in the DNS manager for each domain.
If you do not add the domains, sub domains, and DNS Manager entries the domains will just point to your panel login.
(The vhosts/DNS entries will not be added on your server therefore the domains wont know what folders to redirect to to show the sites.)

It's tough to explain, especially for your main domain. Once you have your main domain setup (The one you use for your hosting site and the sub domain for your panel login) all other add-on domains will just need to be pointed at your server's nameservers and use the panel to control them Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,067 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,187 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,628 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM